Assistant Manager, Lending Services, Corporate Credit (GWO) – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184417
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Assistant Manager, Lending Services, Corporate Credit (GWO) - Toronto, ON
Global Banking and Markets:
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
The incumbent is responsible for providing, and if directed leading a loan operations team in delivering, quality administrative services to Clients of corporate credit facilities generated by GBM and other BNS units as required wherein the Bank is an agent, participant lender or direct lender in a credit facility. The incumbent will be responsible, as directed, for supervising a team of loan Analyst and working with the Manager/ other Assistant Managers to oversee completion of operational duties in a timely manner, maintaining team productivity to target, execute staffing plans, monitor and oversee operational controls and form part of the working management team.
- As directed, managing a team that administer loan information given by Customers on syndicated or direct deals including verification of limit available, accuracy of calculations, and disbursement/application of funds.
- Developing a solid knowledge of loan platform, ACBS and Loan IQ to ensure accuracy of posting accounting entries to source system and business line dissemination. .
- Assist Manager, Senior Manager and Director in various team-related tasks, resolution of exception items as well as special project-related work
- Provide guidance and coaching to immediate team staff.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Supports business units in the Americas and UK
- Develop a solid working knowledge of ACBS, LoanIQ and other platforms as used by team.
- Assists the management team in various tasks such as resolution of exception items as well as project related work/assignment.
- Ensure accuracy of work and apply due diligence as directed.
- Manage performance of direct reports (if assigned) and ensure their compliance with internal processes.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Ensuring that terms and conditions of authorizations and/or loan documentation are being adhered to including pricing, term, limits etc.
- Communicating effectively with various contacts including other Banks to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Recognizing and bringing exceptions to policies and procedures to the attention of Manager/Senior Manager/Director for further guidance and resolution.
- Oversee and monitor team productivity, staffing and work volume information and report to Manager/Senior Manager on a weekly basis.
What You’ll Bring:
- University undergrade degree in Finance or business-related studies or equivalent.
- Knowledge and Working experience in corporate lending services
- Solid working knowledge with MS Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point etc.,
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and problem solving
This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.