Assistant Manager, Downsview
City : North York, ON
Category : Full time, Retail Store Operations
Industry : Retail Goods
Employer : Canadian Tire
What you’ll bring
- Provides leadership to the team, consistently coaches, and follows up to ensure the delivery of the service model standards are provided to each customer.
- Leads the B2B Mark’s Commercial Business function including order entry and management and coaching team to ensure accurate and timely ordering and delivery to customer.
- Provide exceptional omni-channel experience by offering in-store eCommerce sales and fulfilling eCommerce orders within defined service levels.
- Support the customer experience through timely processing and movement of inventory to the salesfloor.
- Implement, communicate, and ensure compliance with all operating procedures, processes, and policies.
- Manage scheduling and follow up of execution on shipping /receiving, eCommerce fulfillment operations, cash management, and operations systems & compliance.
- Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, cash and audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for all operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides leadership to the team and consistently coaches and follows up to ensure the delivery the service model standards are provided to each customer.
- Creates and communicates execution of Daily Game Plan for operations activities.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective Shift Starter meetings / coaching sessions.
- Follows up with the team to complete required training within timeframes.
- Acts as a brand ambassador by promoting brands and culture.
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Maintain Mark’s performance management expectations including progressive discipline where necessary.
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering).
What you bring
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback, and ongoing support.
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily, weekly plan for the department and store.
- Exceptional communication skills and organizational skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years retail experience required.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a drive to succeed.
- Basic computer skills required.
At Marks, we want you to experience an extraordinary career in helping to lead our brand's evolution to be Canada’s number one destination for industrial and casual apparel and footwear. As one of Canada’s leading apparel retailers, and a valued part of the Canadian Tire family of companies, Mark’s stands out for its commitment to comfort, quality and style. Mark’s is a leader in product development, innovation and quality through its assortment of industrial apparel, footwear and accessories, with strong private and exclusive brands. Join us, where there's a place for you here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to fostering an environment where belonging thrives, and diversity, inclusion and equity are infused into everything we do. We believe in building an organizational culture where people are consistently treated with dignity while respecting individual religion, nationality, gender, race, age, perceived ability, spoken language, sexual orientation, and identification. We are united in our purpose of being here to help make life in Canada better.
We stand firm in our Core Value that inclusion is a must. We welcome and encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups such as people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, women, people with disabilities, and beyond. Should you require any accommodation in applying for this role, or throughout the interview process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to help meet your needs.