Assistant Manager, Credit Solutions
City : Ottawa, ON, CA, K1G5L2
Category : First-Line Supervisors, Customer Service
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167509
Cost Centre: Credit Cards & Unsecured Lending Operations
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $1,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The Assistant Manager, Credit Solutions is responsible for monitoring the daily workflow and call volumes for the department. They are the primary resource for complaint resolution, referring any unresolved issues to their Manager. The Assistant Manager, Credit Solutions is also responsible for providing training and skill builds to Credit Specialists, including quality control validation to confirm readiness.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Underwriting and administration of Retail Credit by:
- Review and decision applications above Credit Specialist limits up to $40k (SSL, Limit Increase, RRSP Lines, Credit Cards, SCL)
- Delegate daily tasks and workload distribution to Credit Specialists
- Escalation and resolution of identified system issues
- Uploading of applications on Management Takeover portal for quality control reviews
- Coordinate the training and quality control validation of new Credit Specialists
- Provide Managers with productivity logs daily
- Escalate confirmed fraud identified by the Credit Solutions team to the Fraud Department
- Assistant Managers are first level of escalation for suspected fraud applications
- Identifying any possible trends in fraudulent applications and reporting to the Manager
- Executing thorough credit investigations and providing sound recommendations/approvals within assigned limits, (see Appendix A) on retail credit applications.
- Performing enhanced due diligence and adhering to full investigation as per KYC procedures
- Validating identity of applicant using current and relevant processes
- Recommendation to ACE when the application warrants an override to SAM/DRE credit decision
- Develop and maintain banking relationships with customers in a way which ensures that the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer satisfaction consistent with the Scotia Service standards by:
- Ensuring the inbound/outbound calling authentication procedure is followed
- Providing Credit related and customer focused feedback to Credit Specialists
- Complaint resolution (initial escalated calls through Credit Specialists and Bank partners)
- Floor presence and support for day-to-day Credit Specialist inquiries
- Monitoring CMS to reduce wait times and abandon rate
- Escalate rush cases for customers .
- Acquiring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of all Retail Lending products, policies and procedures necessary to respond appropriately to customer inquiries. The incumbent should also develop and maintain an awareness of competitor’s products and services..
- Responding to customers immediate service requirements as well as identifying opportunities to explain and promote the sale of other Bank products. Referring cross-sell/up-sell opportunities to the Contact Centre and/or branch.
- Assuming responsibility for all customer enquiries/concerns/complaints directed to him/her by resolving those matters within his/her discretion, to the customer’s satisfaction or by referring the customer to the appropriate source as set out in the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedure’s and Privacy Code.
- Taking full responsibility for resolving all customer/branch inquiries, and de-escalating concerns/complaints.
- Recommend to ACE when the application warrants an override to SAM/DRE credit decision
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide effective support in the daily operation of the department:
- Provide strong leadership to motivate both individual and team performance.
- Provide coaching and training to staff to meet standard service goals and individual performance goals.
- Assist in the administrative duties of Credit Solutions
- Maintain strict adherence to Bank security procedures with respect to assigned authorities and responsibilities. Report any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to the Manager.
- Ensure effective deployment/utilization of staff to achieve operating requirements and objectives by:
- In the absence of the Manager assumes the full range of manager responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Assisting and providing support to the Manager, Credit Solutions by assisting with the co-ordination of staff during peak periods to meet operating requirements/service standards.
- Assists Manager with team meetings/huddles, hiring, reviewing of product/system proposals.
- Conducts second level authorization of VISAS/SSL/RSP, ensuring credit quality is not compromised.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information
The incumbent requires:
- A thorough knowledge of the Bank’s online systems e.g. Intralink, SalesBuilder, KS/KV Systems PEGA and AS400.
- Sound judgment in conducting credit investigations and making loan recommendations.
- An appreciation and an understanding of the related consumer retail credit market.
- Previous telephone/telemarketing experience
- Data entry 50 w.p.m. – Familiarity with PC systems
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.