Assistant Manager, Confirmations, Global Wholesale Operations
City : Singapore, 01, SG, 048583
Category : Operations Specialties Managers
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192950
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Confirmations, GWO Singapore, Australia, BNS Asia, BNS Toronto and London ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the
team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Perform WSS BCP Confirmation testing when required, ensuring satisfactory result by checking through all Confirmation queues, paper confirmations are generated and provide test results to technology.
- Perform Object Charlie yearly drill ensuring DR and production data reconciled by comparing trade list and any other available reports required.
- Insert specific role accountability (as opposed to your annual deliverables) that outlines a significant aspect of the job and how it is achieved.
- Participate in system upgrade, new initiative UAT testing
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with
- Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Cover WSSMM London Confirmation matching / EOD when required.
- Perform trade validation for Treasury Money Market , FX , NCD and any other Treasury related products.
- Process SWIFT Confirmations for FX and MM products.
- Perform confirmation matching in Xceptor (Confirmation Hub) for FX trades.
- Process Securities and Derivatives confirmations (Including pre-matching of equity / Collateral)
- Provide high level of customer service in accordance with Scotia Service Standards and Compliant Resolution Procedures.
- Perform MAS757 reconciliation ensuring no trading limit break at 3pm and 6pm.
- Perform WSSMM SG trade validation between Wallstreet vs Refinitive. Escalate to FO on any tradediscrepancy.
- Prepare monthly KPI/KRI reporting
- Perform FOBO EOD reconciliation for Loan 1, K2, Peak MO, Gloss, Xceptor and Object Charlie.
- Work with Confirmation team members across the region and members of the Settlement and Clearing team to improve efficiency on front to back transaction flow.
- Assist with cross- training within Confirmation team members when necessary.
- Identify BAU processing gaps.
- Identify one STOP100 yearly
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of common bank services
- Adhere to Bank regulations and procedures with respect to assigned responsibilities and report unusualoccurrences or fraudulent activity.
- Maintain confidentiality of bank and customer information.
- Escalate all matters of irregular nature or concern to Assistant Manager / Manager.
- Perform daily and monthly Cancel and Amend report to Risk and front office.
- Perform as checker on all bau tasks when required.
- Perform coverage to WSSFX team when necessary.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Sound knowledge of FX/MM and Derivatives products
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and good time management. Strong judgment skills and ability to make decisions under pressure to eliminate any risk / exposure to the bank.
- Good communication skills and ability to escalate to Management/Front Office as deemed necessary.
- Expected to act independently with minimal supervision within the framework of established Bank Procedure as outlined in Confirmation procedures.
- The incumbent will have signing authority along with management.
Location(s): Singapore : Singapore : Singapore
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.