City : CAN - MB - Manitoba Region
Category : Legal-Risk Reduction and Resilience
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Assistant Coordinator
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Winnipeg, MB)
Employment status: Temporary full time - 12 months contract
Salary band: $36,377 - $45,471 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking an Assistant Coordinator, for the Violence Risk Reduction program to join our team.
- Oversee the management of files, records, and other administrative duties as related to program delivery
- Prepare, package and ship training/program materials to identified communities
- Work with the Violence Risk Reduction team to develop Community Engagement profiles
- Ensure program volunteers are adequately trained and coordinate professional development opportunities for volunteers within Violence Risk Reduction
- Provide financial support and administer the procurement process by preparing and reconciling purchase requests, purchase orders, and invoices
- Support the coordination and promotion of online learning and distant/virtual engagements
- Be responsible for ensuring the program data entry is current and is entered in a timely way
- A degree or diploma in education, customer service or other relevant discipline; 2-4 years’ experience in customer service, social services, human services, business or administrative focused programs; or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Experience in working with databases, online platforms and data collection systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required, French is an asset
- If driving for society business; a valid driver's license is required with a satisfactory drivers’ abstract.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Training in protection or violence prevention is a strong asset; knowledge and understanding of violence prevention issues is an asset.
- Experience in living or working in a cultural context other than their own is an asset.
- Experience working with children (0-15) and youth(15-25) is an asset.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment in Winnipeg.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.