Assistant Coordinator, Emergency Management
City : CAN - MB - Province
Category : EMCI-Domestic Emergency Response
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Assistant Coordinator, Emergency Management
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Winnipeg, MB)
Employment status: Permanent full time
Salary band: $36,377 $45,471/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking an Assistant Coordinator, Emergency Management to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be responsible to provide administrative support to the Emergency Management team to ensure ongoing efficient program service delivery. During an emergency response, the Assistant Coordinator will participate as required in business continuity or in a response role as assigned.
In this role, you will:
- Provide administrative and technical support to program managers
- Prepare meeting notes and correspondence as requested
- Coordinate electronic and paper files, ensuring concise organization and cataloguing of all program documentation, reports and publications
- Coordinate the preparation, organization and distribution of documents, presentations and correspondence in a timely manner
- Coordinate and arrange meeting logistics including participant materials, facility bookings, catering and travel as required
- Review and process volunteer expense claims related to planning and preparedness activities
- Maintain inventory of administrative/office supplies for the emergency management program in accordance with Canadian Red Cross standards
- Provide admin support to the emergency response planning and response activities
- During an emergency, participates as required in business continuity or in a response role as assigned
- Participate in exercises, debriefs and post-response activities to contribute to a cycle of preparation and continuous improvement as assigned
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma and some post secondary training in office administration or a related field and a minimum of one to three years’ office or administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with volunteers is required;
- Demonstrated robust skills in MS Office suite of tools, especially Outlook Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Effective and creative problem-solving abilities, including the ability to solve complex problems in a face paced environment;
- Fluency in English is required, French is an asset.
- Versatility, judgment, maturity and the ability to work in a team;
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing reports;
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities in a high paced, deadline driven environment; strong multi-tasking ability required;
- Excellent office skills, and experience in basic accounting is essential;
- Majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Able to work non-traditional hours and respond to emergency/disaster related requests on weekends and after hours.
- Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
- If driving for society business; a valid driver's license is required with a satisfactory drivers’ abstract.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.