Assistant Buyer – Joe Fresh Apparel
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
The Assistant Buyer/Merchant Men's supports the Senior Buyer in all aspects of the business by managing the day-to-day buying strategy execution, with a passion for data analysis and product. This role supports the Senior Buyer in achieving sales, profit and inventory targets.
What you’ll do:
- Partners with Senior Buyer to understand all financial aspects of the business including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assists the Senior Buyer with completion of category and assortment planning and strategies ahead of development including financial planning, commodity work up, key volume item identification, cluster updates and marketing requirements.
- Create analytical reports relating to sales, inventory and gross margin levels.
- Create and maintain all weekly and seasonal sales reports that help drive assortment, SKU and receipt planning.
- Maximize inventory productivity and gross profit return by proposing and evaluating markdowns and promotion efficiency.
- Analyze product and delivery performance through post mortem style reviews, summarizing findings in a comprehensive recap.
- Act as a liaison and manage all day-to-day communication with internal cross functional teams including design, sourcing, product development, marketing, visual merchandising, and supply chain.
- Work closely with Associate Buyer to ensure buys are processed properly and all purchase order deadlines are met.
- Complete weekly ad hoc reporting.
- Assists in achieving sales, profit and inventory targets through markdown optimization
- Assist with sample management
- Lead the Case Pack Optimization and Purchase Order Sizing process, in concert with Buyer to achieve “customer-centric” size availability and reduction of residual inventory
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Retail Management or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of buying office experience.
- Strong retail business acumen.
- Strong passion for apparel retail.
- Must be self-motivated, have solid interpersonal and communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.