Assistant Brand Manager – Danone Canada
City : See posting on website
Category : Marketing
Industry : Food and Beverage
Employer : Danone Canada
Mission: In collaboration and under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Director and a Senior Brand Manager, you will be responsible to manage marketing projects for the brand portfolio with key responsibilities of:
- Providing the company with an understanding of the needs, expectations, and behaviors of consumers for product line
- Actively collaborate on the marketing and innovation strategy, design and implement the activation and launch plans for product line
- Closely monitor the performance of brands and competition through secondary data analysis.
- Manage the brand on a daily basis: develop, implement and monitor the various activation components (promotion, packaging, product, etc.), in collaboration with external suppliers and internal functions (product development, sales, agencies,…).
- Monitor and analyze brands and market performance within scope (panels and Ad Hoc studies + competitive intelligence), forecast their development (sales forecasts) and make recommendations.
- Monitor portfolio's marketing budget on a regular basis
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the innovation and renovation plan, in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Actively collaborate in strategic thinking and creation of marketing plans in collaboration with the senior brand manager and senior marketing director.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Business degree in Marketing
- Marketing experience: 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Experience in sales in the CPG market an asset
- Accountable, committed and a natural problem-solver
- Agility in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Aptitude/interest in data analysis and storytelling through data
- Energetic and dynamic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Open minded and curious
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Toronto, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. From year to year, Danone is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for its forward-thinking work environment and was awarded the Parity Certification Women in Governance for our commitment towards gender equality in the workplace. We have 500+ employees across Canada that are engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone Inc. is committed to complying with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Danone Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation throughout its recruitment process, to the point of undue hardship, and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded to INFORMATION@danone.com.
Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.
Here are some of the reasons why you should join our team:
Named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the 4th year in a row! Certified B Corporation®.
Vacation & Personal Time Off: Danone’s innovative and flexible vacation policy, lets you take as much paid time off as you need. Summer schedule and no-meeting Friday afternoons.
Benefits & Compensation: annual salary review and year-end bonuses at all levels. Core Health plan paid 100% with no waiting period. Flexible credits for health expense reimbursement, wellness account, health spending account or RRSP. Matching group retirement savings plan. Parental leave benefit for primary caregiving parent and second caregiving parent. Employee assistance program and telemedicine service.
Work Environment: a flexible hybrid model that lets employees work with their managers to design a work model that best suits their needs. Onsite workplace features (flexible and collaborative working spaces, fresh fruits, yogurts, and plant-based products), onsite gym and fitness classes.
Work Atmosphere: casual dress code, concierge services available throughout the year, employee sports teams, social committee, departmental-led events.
Training & Skills Development encourages ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house and online training initiatives, mentoring and leadership development programs.
Community Involvement: founding partner of Breakfast Club of Canada and has worked alongside the organization for 25 years, helping kids develop their potential by giving them regular access to a nutritious breakfast in a comfortable environment.