Assistant Branch Manager/Advisor
City : HOLYROOD, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As an Assistant Branch Manager Advisor, your strong client-focused and sales-oriented approach, combined with your flexibility and adaptability, are essential for leading and coaching your team. Together, you deliver an exceptional client experience and maximize sales opportunities through an emphasis on sales enablement and coaching, digital education and usage, and collaboration with RBC partners. Your ability to foster long-lasting relationships and provide professional advice allows you to contribute to the success of your clients, your business, and your community. Further, you support the ongoing development of your team through consistent routines to ensure a high level of employee capability and engagement.
What will you do?
- Ensure high employee engagement through talent management, development & career planning
- Deliver results through strong sales management routines and coaching ability
- Provide profession advice and education with an ability to address complex credit and investment personal & business needs
- Collaborate with market leading professionals in financial planning, retirement planning, home equity finance specialists & business banking experts to ensure clients receive customized, expert advice
- Inspire, orchestrate and pioneer superior retailing excellence to deliver a memorable client experience
- Model & coach your team on client advice and education, problem resolution and prevention at first point of contact, and advocate for digital enablement and multichannel usage
- Partner with your manager to ensure operational effectiveness of the branch and maximize the performance of the team
- Address local community needs through appropriate recruitment and management practices
- This role is 50% Client facing and 50% managing sales staff.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a relationship management role within the financial industry (e.g., Banking Advisor, Financial Advisor)
- Experience in a coaching / leadership role, or acting as a mentor to service or sales professionals
- Mutual Funds accreditation (IFIC or CSC) and at least 2 years of licensed mutual fund sales experience within the last 3 years
- Completion of an acceptable mutual fund branch management exam (BCO) offered by the CSI or ability to write the exam within 4 months of start date
- Demonstrated success delivering/coaching to providing advice to clients resulting in strong client relationships and superior sales results
- Strong communication and decision-making skills, with the ability to communicate and lead change
- Strong multi-tasker and self-starter who is comfortable working independently, as well as in a flexible environment
- A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.