Asset Management – Associate Product Owner
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 180509
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Asset Management Product Strategy, we have a passion for understanding the deeper business problems and bringing to market disruptive and incremental innovations in order to achieve business vision and strategy. We fulfill product ownership and business activities through an operating model that combines best practices with the unique needs of Scotia Global Asset Management. If you are a future leader with intellectual aptitude, are passionate about what you do, and inspire others to join you, we want to speak to you!
As an Asset Management – Associate Product Owner, you will report into the Director, Product Owner – Investment Management, and will work with the Senior Product Owner’s assisting with end-to-end ownership for various product offerings as well as defining and implementing new features. As an emerging leader within the team, you will be leveraging project experience to analyze and understand business needs, aid in defining technology solutions, and providing clear and constant communication among various business stakeholder groups.
Is this role right for you?
- The Associate Product Owners are emerging leaders within the Product Ownership team and work with the Senior Product Owner’s to ensure that business requirements and solution vision are clearly documented and developed to meet the needs of our business stakeholders.
- Work closely with Senior Product Owner’s to plan and coordinate the execution and delivery of product roadmaps
- Work closely within a project team, ensuring business requirements are translated into the right technology products.
- Lead the submission and completion of Enterprise Delivery Framework project requirements.
- Create epics and user stories when needed.
- Participate in discovery sessions to assess requirements to ensure business needs are met.
- Aide in project discovery focusing on planning and effort estimates. Work with business and technology partners to accurately forecast time and cost of project deliverables.
- Participate in daily development/Project stand-ups and project delivery meetings to monitor progress and aid in the adjustment of priorities if needed
- Provides support/guidance with testing requirements, implementation, and manages transitioning the change to a steady state maintenance function.
- This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build strong relationships with a multi-discipline team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Undergraduate degree in business, or related discipline
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a similar role where you participated in transformational programs involving investment management front office platforms i.e., Order Management System, Investment Book of Record, and Investment Data Management
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Charles River Investment Management Solution, Simcorp Dimensions, and/or S&P Global Market Intelligence Enterprise Data Management and Investment Data Hub is an asset
- You have 1 -3 years of experience required working with Business Analysts, Project Managers and Testers
- You have in-depth knowledge of Agile process and principals
- You are a strong problem solver with the ability to assist the team to push the solution and progress
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results while working in cross-functional environment
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.