Asset Management and Control Administrator
City : Burnaby
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Pacific Blue Cross
Under general supervision of the Manager, provides administrative and technical support in the purchase, installation, renewal, upgrading, termination and removal of licensed software including those of a complex nature and in the purchase and inventory management of hardware across the organization. Develops and documents new department procedures, forms and tools and updates existing procedures to ensure references on asset management functions are current, clear and unambiguous .Answers general inquiries from PBC users and external vendors on the status of incoming/outgoing media and software/hardware asset management activities.
Software/Hardware Asset Management
Provides administrative and technical support in the purchase, installation, renewal, upgrading, termination and removal of licensed software across the organization by:
- creating monthly renewals lists of expiring software and assigning routine renewals to Asset Management and Control Coordinators;
- requesting updated End User Licensing Agreements (EULA), analyzing and interpreting EULAs of a complex nature to identify changes and restrictions in software use when comparing current to upgraded software and determining their potential impacts on PBC’s current technology environment through consultation with Technical Services specialists and the Manager;
- requesting quotes from vendors for new and expiring software, identifying price increases in excess of established limits, and pursuing options with vendors for a reduction in pricing or other alternatives such as restricting unneeded upgrade features; secures management approval for purchase;
- generating and receiving purchase orders for new and renewed licenses, updating license management files and updating the Technology Commitment spreadsheet for the Finance Department;
- updating information on software vendors websites and downloading upgraded version to PBC’s software library; coordinates packaging of software with Technical Services prior to deployment;
- reconciling software license counts and renewal dates to track legal compliance, ensuring the license management tool data and vendor information match, contacting users, vendors and publishers where variances are identified, initiating corrective action such as seeking approval for additional licenses and persuading users to understand and accept vendor terms such as discontinuation of unlicensed software use;
- receiving assignments from Technical Services to research availability, cost and EULA terms and conditions for specialized software required for new servers, identifying variances and escalating those of a highly complex technical nature to the Manager;
- updating the new maintenance and license software and hardware spreadsheet for input into IT management budgets;
- uninstalling unauthorized software through the generation of heat tickets;
- maintaining the software library by creating and updating vendor contact lists, along with licensing keys, installation instructions, related media, account and other hard copy information for each piece of vendor software;
- maintaining spreadsheets for each publisher to track specific user agreement rules not included in the license management tool;
- informing users of pending software upgrades, new software or software approaching end of life for advance planning purposes;
- monitoring software installed on each desktop, laptop and server including those downloaded by individual users, identifies areas of non-compliance with licensing restrictions or those with a cost impact;
- completing and monitoring status of all License Management Group service requests;
- on a quarterly basis, correcting variances identified through server decommissioning or consolidation procedures including software deployments to unauthorized users.
On a relief and/or rotational basis, performs the hardware asset management duties of the Asset Management and Control Coordinator including:
- generating heat tickets for requested hardware and generating or receiving purchase orders;
- requesting quotes from vendors and securing management approval for purchase;
- receiving and asset tagging new hardware, ensuring delivery to the inventory room and advising purchasers of arrival; closes heat tickets;
- creating and updating vendor lists;
- completing and monitoring status of all service requests received through department mailbox;
- responding to user requests for loaner hardware equipment such as laptops and projectors; logs and tracks status and location;
- arranging for return of unneeded hardware assets to vendor or their disposal.
Develops and documents new department procedures, forms and tools and updates existing procedures to ensure references on asset management functions are current, clear and unambiguous, and adhere to the established standards of business English and internal style guidelines. Consults with team members and Team Leaders, the Department Manager and Technical Services specialists to validate content, and implements procedures following Manager approval. Maintains and updates production and tape library procedures. Ensures all Asset Management and Control Coordinators are aware of procedural changes affecting job execution.
Tape Library/ACES Balancing and Report Production
On a relief basis for the Asset Management and Control Coordinator, performs selected tape library, ACES balancing and report production activities.
Internal and External Customer Service
Answers general inquiries from PBC users and administration, and records management vendors on the status of incoming/outgoing media and software/hardware asset management activities.
General Team and Department Support
Using the intermediate features of spreadsheet software, updates a variety of spreadsheets for Change Control Committee, software/hardware asset management tracking or other IaTS reporting and budget purposes, and modifies format to include new information.
Performs the TMSS Scheduler role for the department by:
- ensuring employees clock in and clock out as required;
- keying all missed or exception entries and adjustments including daily leave request; administers vacation changes and administers Family Responsibility Leave balances;
- opening and processing weekly leave requests and updating department attendance reports;
- approving timesheets for payroll within established procedures;
- responding to all inquiries, demonstrating use of the system on a one-on-one basis to new users, liaising with Human Resources as required to resolve more complex issues and adjustments.
On a one to one basis, provides informal work guidance and supports new employees and seasoned colleagues by demonstrating the execution of specific tasks and duties, and sharing knowledge and experience on request.
Maintains up to date knowledge of production control and asset management policies and procedures, office automation software and associated electronic tools through continuous learning initiatives.
Performs other assigned duties related to production control, tape library management, user support and asset management which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Certified IT Software Asset Manager course or equivalent (36 hours)
- Business Communications (36 hours)
- Intermediate Word (18 hours)
- Intermediate Excel (18 hours)
- Minimum 3 years previous related experience including a minimum of 2 years in software asset management
If you’re excited about taking on this opportunity, we invite you to apply today and start the conversation with us about this position.
Together we can create a healthier British Columbia through teamwork, exceptional service and accountability that will help improve sustainable healthcare.
Please apply via our website this week at http://www.pbchbs.com/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. PBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this application, pre-employment testing, interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com