Articling Intern, Legal Affairs
City : Montréal
Category : Full time
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : Ivanhoé Cambridge
AIM HIGHER. GO FURTHER. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Ivanhoé Cambridge is:
- A real estate subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), a global investment group
- C$77 billion in assets in the office, retail, industrial, logistics and residential markets
- Strategic investments in a worldwide portfolio over 1,500 properties strong
- A diversified, multitalented team committed to creating spaces that bring people together to live, work and play
- Office environments designed to foster collaboration and creativity, rooted in a flexible, technology-enabled experience
Digitally connected, sustainable and state-of-the-art: A workspace that meets your expectations
- New work spaces that make teamwork easier than ever and spark creativity at every turn
- The flexibility and technological tools you need to take your performance to new heights
- A barista, snacks and special theme meals, employee lounges and outdoor patios, complete with therapeutic lights to keep you at the top of your game
- A stimulating, supportive and inclusive environment where your health, safety and well-being are our top priorities
6 MONTH INTERNSHIP - FOR GRADUATES OF THE École du barreau
What this challenge is about
Support the Ethics and Compliance team in the implementation and management of ethics and compliance programs (Code of Ethics, Financial Security Program and Privacy Governance)
Participate in the analysis and evaluation of conflict of interest risks and intervene directly with IC employees to manage certain situations;
Work in close collaboration with other teams in the legal department and other departments of the company to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
Work on the company's privacy governance;
Assist staff lawyers in liaising with other departments (especially those of the company's various business units);
Provide services and advice in relation to various other matters as required from time to time;
Conduct due diligence reviews as required;
Review and update templates and standard documents.
Skills and knowledge to be acquired during the internship
Understand the issues related to ethics and compliance in a corporate context;
Address regulatory compliance and financial security issues;
Understand the applicable privacy legislative framework and develop experience in privacy governance;
Develop experience in managing and overseeing conflicts of interest;
Multitask with a diverse group of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Development of transferable professional skills
Exposure to internal and external stakeholders, other department personnel, malls, consultants, and contractors provides a great opportunity for the intern to focus their areas of interest.
This is an excellent position for individuals interested in pursuing a career in ethics and compliance and real estate with a large company like Ivanhoe Cambridge.
What we’re looking for
Undergraduate degree and Barreau du Québec program completed;
Be interested in issues related to ethics and compliance in business;
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
Demonstrate rigor and organization;
Excellent analytical and processing skills
Self-directed and goal-oriented, with a strong sense of initiative;
Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to multitask ;
Excellent drafting skills;
Excellent skills with technology tools;
Excellent command of written and spoken French and English; you will be required to collaborate with employees based outside of Quebec and stakeholders such as unilingual English speaking law firms and partners.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: Our main priorities
At Ivanhoé Cambridge, we are proud to champion the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion — which can be seen and felt in everything we do and everything we strive for. As a leading player in the global real estate ecosystem, we are committed to harnessing opportunities to create inclusive, community-centric spaces and forge a just, forward-looking future where our industry and our talent are supported and nurtured.
We firmly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are the forces propelling innovation. In order to ensure we can have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work and where our investments are based, we are dedicated to creating a stimulating environment where everyone can aspire to and achieve excellence. Ask us about any accommodations you might require to ensure the recruiting process is a fair and equitable process for all. Note that any such accommodations will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.