Area Credit Manager
City : Nova Scotia
Category : Finance
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
AREA CREDIT MANAGER - (Flexible - Halifax, Saint John, Moncton)
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Area Credit Manager.
- Managing a portfolio of charge accounts for several Kent stores.
- Collection of all overdue accounts by telephone, letters, e-mail, etc.
- Monitoring accounts receivable balances and deadlines for various actions needed to collect accounts in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reviewing credit applications, approving and setting up accounts, determining credit limits on all new customers and keeping existing customer files up to date.
- Analyzing accounts when required to aid the customer in recognizing overdue balances.
- Working with third parties (collection agencies, law firms) when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consumer and commercial credit field.
- Knowledge in the credit construction industry is considered an asset.
- Accounting background required.
- Designation from Credit Institute of Canada preferred (or in process).
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team based environment with emphasis on deadlines.
- Bilingualism (French & English) is considered an asset.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.