Architectural Student – Buildings (Summer 2023)
City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Architectural Student - Buildings (Summer 2023) - ( 230000HN )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
You will work on tasks with close guidance and direction from experienced Designers or Architects. This is an entry level architectural design role. We are looking for someone with the flexibility to take on a range of tasks from helping on construction drawings to developing presentation material. We work in the education, transit, healthcare and civic sectors – we’re interested in someone who wants to take on a variety of work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Supports project team in development of design and construction documentation.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, digital models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Assists in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, and precedents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with the following software: Revit, AutoCad, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft, rendering software.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate and collaborate in project team setting.
- To engage in creative and critical thought.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
Education and Experience
Enrolled in an Architecture program at a university or college.
Please include your portfolio with your application.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Organization : BC-1401 Buildings-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 6, 2023, 1:25:13 PM
Req ID: 230000HN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans