Architectural Intern, Healthcare – Buildings – Summer 2024
City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Architectural Intern, Healthcare - Buildings - Summer 2024 - ( 240000NN )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
We are looking for an Architectural Intern to fulfill the role of Design and Technical Support in the Healthcare Studio. Working closely and under the direct supervision of the project Principal and Project Architect you will be assisting on a wide range of projects with varying levels of complexity and scale and broad integrated design teams working through all project phases from pre-design through post construction services.
- Assist with preparing marketing materials including proposals, awards, etc
- Assist with site evaluations including documentation, site and zoning analysis, etc
- Assist with investigating/verifying existing conditions including documentation, measurement, and verification, etc
- Assist with program evaluations
- Participate in client meetings and stakeholder engagement workshops including user group meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Assist with coordinating project deliverables including schedule, meetings, etc
- Assist with, and/or, develop design options/approach
- Assist with, and/or, develop massing/concept diagrams
- Assist with, and/or, develop block planning and building plans
- Assist with, and/or, develop renderings
- Assist with BIM model set up, and utilizing BIM technologies to design and develop projects
- Participate in design reviews
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials
- Assist with preparing Project/Design Reports including graphic communication, writing, and coordination
- Assist with developing Schematic Design Documents including drawings and outline specifications
- Assist with coordinating building systems
- Assist with implementing sustainable design principles
- Assist with developing Design Development Documents including drawings and outline specifications
- Assist with developing Contract Documents including drawings and coordinating specifications
- Assist with preparing Addenda
- Assist with Supplemental Instructions, Contemplated Change Notices, Change Orders, and Change Directives
- Assist with preparing Record Drawings
- Assist with ensuring the design intent/vision is maintained throughout from conception through system and material selection, visualization, implementation, documentation, coordination, and construction.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Master’s in Architecture.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Humble, driven to achieve Design Excellence Delivered Brilliantly, and collaborative with a High EQ
- Ability to engage and work within a creative and critical integrated design practice
- Interest in holistic design, systems thinking, construction, materials, sustainability, and technical design detailing
- Ability to produce design at a level that would be perceived externally excellent.
- Ability to participate in project team settings.
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- General understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office, Revit, AutoCAD, Abobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Sefaira, recent modeling software; Prefer experience with 3D Printer & Laser Cutter.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec Architecture Winnipeg is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents and strengths, to achieve design excellence together, to advance a more meaningful, purposeful, and sustainable environment for ourselves, our families, friends, and communities to thrive. Join us and help us shape a better world.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1445 Buildings-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 8, 2024, 5:10:06 PM
Req ID: 240000NN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans