City : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Architecture
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Ottawa, Ontario – (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Architecture Department, Ottawa Division
Associate Project Manager of Architecture
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
As a representative of the Architecture Department, the Architectural Coordinator assists in providing architectural services to the company while striving to provide the best Homeowner Experience. This involves tasks and communication with external parties such as the Architect or Structural Engineer, while also collaborating with the different functional areas of the business such as Marketing, Purchasing, Décor, Finance, Land and/or Construction to enhance the value of the Mattamy brand. This position reports to the Associate Project Manager of Architecture within the Ottawa Division.
What you’ll do
- Support departmental goals by assisting team members as directed by the Associate Architectural Project Manager.
- Coordinate, review and revise architectural drawings to ensure documentation complies with both Mattamy standards and OBC requirements for building permit purposes.
- Coordinate the revision process of working drawings, structural revisions, municipal review comments, subcontractor comments and provide updated drawings to the Construction team.
- Format and maintain CAD drawings from architect for ACO and brochure creation.
- Liaison between external consultants & internal teams in the coordination of renderings, brochures, sales displays
- Create and issue ACO, square footage charts and purchaser sign-off drawings.
- Verify that architectural working drawings correspond with marketing and sales material, forward any discrepancies to the appropriate departments.
- Participate in Value Engineering of new designs.
- Prepare architectural memos, miscellaneous details and/or drawings for our internal staff & external consultants as required.
- Prepare list of lot upgrades based on Mattamy Homes internal guidelines and external Architectural control guidelines and coordinate with architectural firm.
- Conduct site visits to correct or improve information shown on working drawings, review exterior colours and detailing.
- Manage electronic storage and distribution of Architectural drawings, and construction documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Architectural Technician/Technologist Diploma from a Community College or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of construction or architectural experience required, with residential construction preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and visually through use of architectural drawing.
- Working knowledge and skills with drawing application programs in particular, AutoCAD (version 2000+) and Revit.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detail-oriented with ability to check documents/drawings for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are completed.
- Proven track-record of adapting to and supporting rapid changes and bringing creative solutions to address identified challenges.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to balance multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate excellent diplomacy and conflict management skills between multiple involved parties.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate internal and external stakeholders toward a common goal.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Experience in the residential construction industry.
- Bilingual French/English
- Previous experience with systems like BlueBeam, JD Edwards, MS Project, OneDrive and Dropbox.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.