Architectural Co-op – Buildings (Summer 2023)
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Architectural Co-op - Buildings (Summer 2023) - ( 230000ZX )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
An opportunity exists for an Architecture Coop Student in our Vancouver office. Your responsibility is to work as part of our project team, with your voice added to that of the team, under the guidance and mentorship of your more senior peers. Responsibilities will be diverse and may range from the preparation of design drawings, studies, research, presentation materials, models, and technical drawings.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Conducts basic interpretations of sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Supports project team in development of design documentation.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
Your Qualifications and Credentials:
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Abobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Sefaira, Recent modeling software, 3D Printer, Laser cutter. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- To engage in creative and critical thought.
- Detail oriented team player and the ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
Currently enrolled in the architecture co-op or equivalent post-secondary program with availability for a 4 or 8-month internship
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1443 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 1, 2023, 10:34:55 AM
Req ID: 230000ZX
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans