City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Architect, Industrial - ( 2200012X )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We are looking for an Architect to fulfill the role of Project Architect/Architectural Lead for our Military, Industrial, and Manufacturing Practices. Working closely and in collaboration with the Project Leadership, you will be responsible for leading the Architectural design, technical deliverables, and coordination of these projects, each with varying levels of complexity and scale. You will be working within fully integrated design teams throughout all project phases, from pre-design through to post-construction services.
Projects typically include: New greenfield construction, building additions or upgrades, building Envelope Upgrades and building condition assessments.
Project could typically include: Aircraft hangars, Military Facilities, Laboratories, Vehicle Maintenance, Data Centers, Food & Beverage Processing, Manufacturing, Operations Maintenance & Storage Facilities, Warehousing, Distribution & Logistics, as wells as Education, Recreation, Firehalls and Assembly Use.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with developing or leading project proposals, including Project Approach, Methodology, Workplan, Resourcing, Scheduling and Fees.
- Assist with preparing marketing materials including presentations, awards, etc.
- Build and inspire strong, efficient, effective, and driven project teams
- Lead, direct, and/or assist with client meetings and stakeholder engagement workshops
- Establish project deliverables through a collaborative approach with the team to meet project schedules.
- Lead interdisciplinary project team meetings, peer reviews, independent reviews, and advance a collaborative approach to design, technical solutions and project delivery.
- Lead, direct, and/or assist the Project Manager with monitoring and managing project financials including workplan, resources, deliverables, invoicing, and change orders.
- Lead, direct, and/or assist with site analysis and evaluations
- Lead, direct, and/or assist with investigating/verifying existing conditions including documentation, measurement, and verification, as well as building and property condition assessments including verification of zoning by-laws with local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s), National Building Code (NBCAE), National Fire Code (NFC), and other appliable codes and standards.
- Ability to collaborate with Clients to analyze needs and develop program requirements.
- Ability to develop design options/approach
- Understanding of general concepts around industrial/manufacturing processes, including site planning, functional operations, and client requirements
- Ability to work within BIM model set up, utilizing BIM technologies to design and develop projects and renderings.
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials
- Refined ability to prepare Project/Design Reports, including graphic communication, writing, and coordination
- Firm understanding of coordination of building systems
- Ability to implement sustainable design principles
- Ability to analyze Quantity Survey data and develop value engineering options and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of Contract Documents, including drawings and coordinating specifications, from schematic design to construction issue documents.
- Ability to assist with tendering process, issuance of Addenda, pre-bid meetings, bid evaluations, negotiations, and preparation of owner-contractor contracts.
- Ability to provide Contract Administration services, including meetings, Field Observations and Reports, preparation of Supplemental Instructions, Contemplated Change Notices, Change Orders, and Change Directives
- Ability to oversee the design intent/vision is maintained throughout the project, from conception through system and material selection, visualization, implementation, documentation, coordination, and construction.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Driven to achieve Design Excellence through brilliant and collaborative design
- Proven ability to lead, solve complex multi-stakeholder problems, and inspire project teams: client, users, consultants, contractors, and trades.
- Proven ability to engage and work within a creative and critical integrated design practice
- Good understanding of structural, mechanical, and electrical systems for buildings.
- Demonstrated interest in holistic design, systems thinking, construction, materials, sustainability, and technical design detailing
- Proven ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of accessibility codes, applicable building and life-safety codes for a wide variety of project types and complexity.
- Experience with and understanding of hazardous environments and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of construction costing and quantity surveying from cost planning through cost control.
- Excellent knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Excellent knowledge of construction procurement models, contracts, and delivery: Design-Bid-Build, Construction Management, and Design Building minimum.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office, Revit, AutoCAD,
- Ability to acquire required Security Clearances for a variety of institutional project types.
- Ability to travel and work in other provincial jurisdictions and collaborate with other Stantec offices across North America.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s in Architecture.
- Registered with the AAA or the ability to be registered with the AAA.
- LEED® AP preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1442 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 21, 2022, 6:44:34 AM
Req ID: 2200012X
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans