Archaeology Report Writer
City : LONDON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Archaeology Report Writer - ( 23000326 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are seeking part-time, contract Archaeology Report Writers to join our Archaeology team in Ontario. An individual in this role will be highly organized with excellent report writing skills, and self-motivated.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with Archaeology Project Managers to research and write licensed archaeological reports for various Ontario Stages 1 through 4 archaeological assessments;
- Communicate with field leads and laboratory staff to obtain pertinent data and information;
- Work closely with GIS staff to help prepare mapping to accompany deliverables;
- Work closely with Project Managers and Team Leads to organize resourcing and logistics;
- On the job training specific to licensed archaeological report writing will be provided;
- Actively participate in and promote Stantec’s HSSE program.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly organized and willing to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient with Microsoft Office programs;
- Quick learner and able to take direction and feedback from others.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology, or equivalent related field, is preferred;
- Experience with report writing at an academic level is required, writing experience at a professional and technical consulting level is an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-London
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 31, 2023, 2:29:17 PM
Req ID: 23000326
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans