Archaeologist – Field Director
City : Kamloops
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Archaeologist - Field Director - ( 220000TO )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking to expand our archaeology team. Full time field director archaeologist position. Work will focus on projects across various service lines in British Columbia.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct and oversee research, fieldwork, impact analysis, permitted assessments, and scoping/preparing proposals
- Provide technical reviews of regulatory deliverables
- Manage digitally and manually collected field data
- Support the GIS team in the preparation of figures for regulatory deliverables
- Actively participate in Stantec’s HSSE programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in cultural resource management, including the preparation and review of regulatory deliverables
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals and First Nations
- Experience identifying traditional use sites and features, CMTs and precontact and historical artifacts
- Self-motivated, has excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology is required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Cultural Resource Management in British Columbia and 2 years of data management and digital mapping experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Sidney, Canada-British Columbia-Quesnel, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George, Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse
Job : Archaeologist
Organization : BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 7, 2022, 10:14:03 AM
Req ID: 220000TO
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans