Approach Superstructure Superintendent
City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Under the general direction of Segment Construction Manager, independently plans, schedules and manages projects for the construction and/or repair of heavy civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, including the supervision of all skilled and semi-skilled workers.
Supervision and Scope:
Works under general supervision having contact with supervisor on a regular basis. Makes responsible, independent decisions on normal matters related to project management. Supervisor is available for consultation for complex situations of a major nature.
Supervises all project subcontract staff (Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Foremen, Laborers, Operators)
Segment Construction Manager
• Mobilize and direct the resources assigned in order to achieve maximum contribution to fixed costs and profits
• Meet the standard of workmanship as required by the contract documents
• Establish and monitor construction work schedules
• Allocate work to and supervise the activities of foremen assigned to the project
• Maintain high level of morale among subordinates
• Maintain overall inventory control of all materials, plants and equipment assigned to the project
• Prepare report as per current procedures
• Keep a diary and maintain adequate records regarding items of work under dispute
• Process Force Account and Extra Work Orders as per current procedures
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly the Occupational Health & Safety Act / Construction Safety Act (?)
• Administer company safety program as per current procedures
• Administer all labour agreements
• Enforce current rules of conduct
• Delegate adequate authority to enable subordinates to carry out their responsibilities
• Keep Construction Manager informed of significant developments
• Cooperate with Subcontracts Specialist in the administration of the contract as it relates to customer relations; settlement of claims, disputes and complaints; negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers
• Promote best interest of the Project