- Job ID: 15673
- Job Category: Information & Technology
- Division & Section: City Clerk's, Strategic Integration and Excellence
- Work Location: CITY HALL, 100 Queen Street West
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary Vacancy (8 months)
- Hourly Rate: $33.63 - $36.85, PSG TF0190, Wage Grade 9
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per week
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 08-Apr-2021 to 21-Apr-2021
Reporting directly to the Senior Systems Integrator, the Application & Technical Support Specialist 4 will provide helpdesk services to the City of Toronto Clerks, Council and Accountability Offices.
- Installs, integrates, and maintains a variety of software, computer terminals, peripheral devices, and digital devices (e.g. mobile devices, smartphones, tablets).
- Removes and transfers equipment as required and updates the telecommunications account/number records and equipment inventories
- Consults with divisional users concerning computer hardware/software problems (e.g. provides technical support, training and testing of new features of divisional applications).
- Monitors and organizes email and HPSM queue. As well, creates necessary email and tickets for tracking purposes.
- Conducts systems tests to ensure proper operation of digital devices and data communications equipment using tools and diagnostic software.
- Contacts external service companies to arrange for repair of equipment, as necessary and follows up with user to ensure resolution.
- Demonstrates and describes the operation of digital devices (e.g. mobile devices, smartphones, tablets), computer terminals, peripherals, and network devices to divisional users.
- Maintains manual and computerized inventory (as required) and pricing records of equipment and software
- Assists in the selection and acquisition of computer equipment. Liaises with vendors and processes requests.
- Researches peripheral and digital devices to meet user needs and recommends appropriate equipment and configurations, as required.
- Produces technical and administrative documentation including service log and status reports.
- Maintains documentation and reference material related to equipment maintenance.
- Travels to off-site locations.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, business technology or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience working in a customer service environment providing technical support and troubleshooting with digital devices (e.g. mobile devices, telephones, tablets, smartphones).
- Experience in preparing technical documentation, developing procedural training materials and conducting training.
You must also have:
- Proficient in the use of various computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage a diverse workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels within organizations, including oral/written and presentation skills.
- Ability to support, train and test new features of software applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relative to IT Acquisition and Contract Administration.
- Ability to lift/move equipment/boxes up to 40 lbs (18 kg).
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.