APPLICATION & TECH SUPP SPEC 1 (Toronto, ON, CA, M5B 1W2)
City : Toronto
Category : Information & Technology
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
- Job ID: 36601
- Job Category: Information & Technology
- Division & Section: Public Health, PH Finance & Administration
- Work Location: TORONTO PUBLIC HEALTH HEADQUARTERS, 277 Victoria Street
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $45.08 - $49.41;PSG: TF0187; Wage Grade:14
- Shift Information: Mon-Fri 7hrs/day 35hrs/wk
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 25-May-2023 to 08-Jun-2023
Working under the direction of the Senior Systems Integrator, you will provide both technical and business expertise related to the design, configuration, deployment, maintenance and support of application hardware and software. This position will involve travel to off-site locations within the City of Toronto.
- Schedules workload and sets priorities
- Leads team in identification and resolution of issues and problems
- Provides expertise in the assessment, analysis, evaluation of alternatives and resolution of issues & problems
- Liaises and coordinates with internal & external groups on resolution of problems
- Recommends preventative solutions to mitigate recurrence of similar problems
- Develops and recommends improvements to current environment, policies & processes
- Acquires, and disposes of, hardware and software
- Configures hardware and software for application servers, desktops and other technologies
- Monitors and maintains access and security of data and infrastructure
- Advises desktop configuration management teams on hardware & software technologies and deployment alternatives
- Advises network management teams on hardware & software technologies, connectivity, and backup & recovery alternatives
- Advises security management & control teams on security-related technologies and access control alternatives
- Performs capacity planning
- Reviews work of staff and provide training to them
- Prepares, directs, and recommends for approval training material and documentation for use by clients and staff
- Provides training to clients in the use of technology
- Prepares statistics and draft summary reports
- Supports the centralized management of access control
- Installs/rolls out applications, hardware and/or software and take inventory of such assets
- Designs and creates databases
- Attends committee meetings
- Travels to off-site locations
Your application should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in a Computer Programming or related discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience providing IT application and hardware support to end-users.
- Considerable experience as the technical lead on a complex technology project.
- Considerable experience in system management: including systems documentation, applying industry standards and protocols, systems planning and implementation, application and user security, and systems testing.
- Considerable experience in system administration with the following technologies: Windows (Server / Workstation), IIS, Citrix, VMware,SQL Server and PowerShell.
- Considerable experience in identifying network issues, using tools like Wireshark, identifying security issues at the workstation or server level.
You Must Also Have:
- Excellent technical skills to configure servers, workstations and peripheral devices, configure software and provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for a diverse client group.
- Ability to establish and maintain good consulting relationships with Division clients and vendors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in order to understand user issues and provide coaching and training to staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, set priorities, and plan and execute tasks.
- Ability to vary work schedule based on operational requirements.
- Ability to travel within the City of Toronto.
- Possession of a valid Class "G" Ontario Driver's License and access to a vehicle, is an asset.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.