APPLICATION & TECH SUPP SPEC 1 (Toronto, ON, CA, M5A4C6)
City : Toronto
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
- Job ID: 40540
- Job Category: Information & Technology
- Division & Section: Toronto Water, TW Customer & Technical Support
- Work Location: 60 Tiffield Rd
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $45.19 - $49.53, TF0187, wage grade 14
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 18-SEP-2023 to 02-OCT-2023
- Schedules workload and sets priorities.
- Participates in identification and resolution of issues and problems.
- Provides expertise in assessment, analysis and evaluation of alternatives and resolution of issues and problems.
- Liaises and coordinates with internal and external groups on resolution of problems and recommends preventative solutions to mitigate recurrence of similar problems.
- Develops and recommends improvements to current environment, policies and processes.
- Acquires and disposes of hardware and software.
- Configures computer-, network- and server-related hardware and software.
- Monitors and maintains access and security of data and infrastructure.
- Performs ongoing research and evaluation of existing and emerging technologies with a strong focus on continuous improvement of service delivery and operational efficiencies.
- Effectively utilizes customer service skills to deliver exceptional service to TW staff.
- Performs technical troubleshooting of issues relating to endpoint hardware and software including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, Toughbooks, tablets, thin clients and security technologies.
- Provides technical support for the maintenance and service of line of business applications used by TW staff.
- Actively participates in information security incident investigations, analysis, threat mitigation and response.
- Configuration and support of server-related infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Works in close collaboration with Application, Infrastructure, Network and Process Control System teams to deliver and maintain evolving technology solutions to TW staff.
- Participates in the planning and execution of lifecycle sustainment for computer hardware and software.
- Liaises with Service Desk and external technology groups to resolve problems, as well as to provide guidance on TW-specific technologies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and training material for use by clients and staff.
- Prepares statistics and drafts summary reports.
- Supports the centralized management of security access control standards.
- Plays an active role in the deployment, installation and roll-out of hardware and software applications.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance and review of IT asset inventory.
- Accurately documents and tracks support cases effectively while meeting SLAs.
- Frequently travels to off-site locations across the GTA.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Sciences, Business/Information Technology or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Extensive experience providing end-user technical support in a large enterprise (1000 users+) environment, including managing IT Asset Management (including data and processes), supporting and coordinating work associated with desktop and mobile computing services such hardware maintenance and deployment, mobile services and authentication certificates provisioning, file and print services, and remote access/computing.
- Extensive experience maintaining desktop and mobile computing hardware, and client operating system Windows 10/11, plus four (4) or more of the following: other client operating systems (e.g. Linux, MacOS); Microsoft 365 Apps; Unified Endpoint Management Tools (e.g. Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, PDQ Inventory and Deploy); Cloud/Data Centre infrastructure tools and technologies; Server operating systems (e.g. Windows Server 2016 or later; Linux); Application Delivery Platforms (e.g. Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop, Netscaler); Directory Services (e.g. Active Directory); Domain Name Systems (e.g. EfficientIP); Privilege access & secure remote support management (e.g. BeyondTrust Secure Remote and PasswordSafe); Server & storage hardware (e.g. Cisco, Lenovo, Dell, HPE, Supermicro, NetApp, Cohesity); Backup & Recovery (e.g. Veeam Availability Suite); Network and server monitoring (e.g. Solarwinds); High Availability architecture (e.g. clustering, load balancing); Scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, Python).
- Experience configuring, administering and maintaining data security, user rights and permissions in an Active Directory domain environment.
- One or more recognized certifications such as Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, CompTIA A+.
You must also have:
- Must be Certified in ITILv3 or v4 and demonstrate good overall understanding of ITIL framework, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of current and emerging computing, communication, and data centre technologies, including but not limited to hardware, software and appliance solutions, cloud platforms and services, high availability and load balancing technologies, local and wide area networks in both wire and wireless environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile device management.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills; and ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent customer service skills supporting internal clients.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships with colleagues throughout the organization to achieve efficient and effective work processes.
- Ability to use good judgement, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills in formulating effective decisions.
- Ability to continuously improve, learn, acquire and update technical knowledge and working ability.
- Ability to time manage, organize, prioritize, execute tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare formal requests and documents for acquisition of equipment, technology and services.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
- Possession of valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and access to a motor vehicle to travel within GTA for business purposes.
- Must be available for afterhours emergency support and scheduled standby support.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.