Application Support Analyst, Digital Engineering Operations
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Computer Systems Analyst
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183462
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Bank's Digital Channels in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What will you do?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Incident and problem management of Digital Channels (Scotia OnLine and Mobile Banking); Mobile Payments; Scotia OnLine Brokerage; Mobile Brokerage and related applications
- Triage and communicate severity 1 and major incidents and change management impacting the above-mentioned channels. Please be aware that on a rotation on-call basis, there will be significant responsibilities outside of traditional working hours
- The incumbent will perform a liaison role and ongoing interaction between various units including, but not limited to:
- Canadian Banking;
- Scotia Digital
- Technology partners;
- Customer facing staff:
- QA departments
- Product groups
- Business lines
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and collaborate effectively with various technology and product partners.
- Be curious as the skill set and product knowledge will be ever evolving
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, balance simultaneous priorities and make quick and sound decisions under pressure
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2 + years of previous experience supporting Canadian Banking applications or comparable highly available web/ mobile application
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (technical or business)
- A broad knowledge of investment products and the procedures is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of incident and problem management with understanding of ITIL service delivery methodology
- Strong logical thinking in understanding end to end use cases, as well as mapping them to system flows
- A good understanding of how technologies, infrastructure and processes can impact the customer experience
- Curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Effective communication and diplomacy skills are required to liaise between groups of varying technical expertise and interests
- Working knowledge of Service Now and Confluence or other enterprise support platforms
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and SQL including writing queries involving joins
- A good understanding and interest of Cloud computing technologies – Kubernetes / Docker ; GKE; Azure PCF is an asset
- Proficiency in performance and capacity management tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk is valued
- Good understanding of Agile delivery framework in order to support both waterfall and agile projects effectively
- Experience driving incident resolution through bridge calls; leading root cause analysis with technology partners
- Knowledge of SRE best practices is an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Work conditions: Hybrid
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.