Application Developer – SAP. ABAP
City : Halifax
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting Services helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
In this role, you'll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
We are seeking a Developer with strong ABAP programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in software development process (i.e. Agile, Waterfall or Iterative)
- Strong knowledge of procedural and object oriented programming techniques
- SAP development experience in utilizing the new SAP NetWeaver ABAP technologies
- SAP Development experience in SAP FI/CO, GL (New GL), MM, HCM
- Hands on experience on SAP UI5, Fiori (implementation of standard apps and extensions of standard apps)
- Experience in researching, recommending, and developing user exits, BADIs, BTEs, Enhancement Points, and using the Switch Framework
- Extensive experience in FRICEW objects
- Extensive experience in debugging, performance tuning, Runtime Analysis and System monitoring
- Experience in Interfaces-EDI/ALE/IDOCs, RFC, BAPI's
- Experience using ABAP Objects and controls technology
- Experience and proficiency in SAP development tools and technologies such as UI5, Fiori, OData Services, Webdynpro, Workflow.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an open communication style
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong execution skills with the ability to work efficiently under pressure deliver quality results within standards and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, should be detail oriented, work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to senior IT management, functional and business teams.
- Good to Have HANA Enterprise suite, S/4 HANA experience
- SAP ABAP Certification
- Extensive experience in Software Development methodologies and the Software Development Lifecycle ( Waterfall and Agile )
- Experience with New ABAP eclipse tool for development
- SAP Performance tuning
- SAP Data Archiving
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least of 5 years of experience in application development utilizing ABAP
- Secret Clearance Eligibility is a must
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Eligible for Canadian Reliability Clearance
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.