Application Developer, Digital Solutions
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Application Developer, Digital Solutions - ( 230000QD )
Stantec Digital Solutions is a unique cloud-based product and consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on Digital Science & Engineering transformation. As a company of 26,000 Scientists & Engineers we have a large internal and growing external customer base consisting of highly technical staff.
This position requires the candidate to have the ability to creatively leverage new and innovative technologies to successfully implement cloud solutions for our clients. The candidate will work with the development team locally and globally as part of a growing group of engineering technologists.
Your primary focus will be responding and working with the lead developer of a project or team and learning the codebase. At Stantec, we need a Mid to Senior Cloud Application Developer who can process the needs of a user/consumer to adapt software for computer programs, draft new applications, develop and tests source code, and trouble shoots software applications.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Willingness to experiment & learn
- Ability to leverage new technologies to create innovative solutions to engineering related projects and tasks
- Work independently and with team members to develop new SaaS, Web and Mobile Solutions in a variety of platforms using Scrum and Agile practices
- Implement technical project work using DevSecOps workflows
- Provide application or site-wide performance optimization and capacity planning
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and technology packages
- Coordinate with development team members using fit for purpose project methodologies
- Attend daily development stand up meetings to share and learn lean work practices
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid understanding of new and existing development platforms and environments
- Strong understanding of coding structures, patterns, and database principals
- Experience in emerging web languages, microservice architectures and frameworks
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services and Azure Devops is a plus
- Strong programming Experience with C#, .NET Technologies
- Experience with SQL Server, SSMS, Report Builder, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Cosmos DB
- Proficient understanding of version control, testing, workflow, and document tools (GIT, DevOps, Jira, Confluence, SonarQube)
- Engineering Experience and broad knowledge across major engineering disciplines is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
- 5 years of experience programming, database development, cloud environments
Education and Experience
Minimum acceptable levels of education include and experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Minimum of 5 years of coding experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary and looking at a screen for long periods of time. Office environment may also be restricted to the applicant’s home office. Home offices must provide ergonomically suited setups to give the employee proper comfort and posture for extended periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1299 Innovation-Digital Solutions-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 21, 2023, 1:25:04 PM
Req ID: 230000QD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans