Animal Welfare Field Representative
City : New Hamburg
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Animal Welfare Field Representative - Contract Full-Time
Location: 70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg, ON
This position will see the successful candidate working directly with our 3rd party poultry producers, catch, and live haul providers. Collecting and utilizing data as well as providing direct on-site coaching to continuously drive improvements. This technical position will have a direct impact on meeting key welfare goals and sustaining effective business relations such that credibility is established and maintained. This position will require overnight work, and flexible hours.
Shifts: Varied - Days/Afternoons/Evenings
- Provide effective and timely responses/reports to Grower, Catcher, and Transportation concerns/issues
- Completion of routine catch and load audits and onsite observations
- Creation and/or revision of Standard Operating Procedures
- Adherence and promotion of best practices including but not limited to bird handling and biosecurity
- Presentation of collected data to Maple Leaf Foods for continued monitoring and continuous improvements
- Other tasks as required
Required Experience and Education:
- One to two years’ experience in the agricultural industry
- Post-Secondary education is an asset and could include Animal Science, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Studies
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to analyze results and create recommendations and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Minimum G level License
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Computer Skills: skilled user of Microsoft office applications and Excel graphing applications
- Time Management and self-regulation
- Coaching/training background is an asset
- Knowledge of National Farm Animal Care Council Codes of Practice and poultry welfare standards (preferred but not Required)
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.