City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
RBC’s Mobile Banking App is awarded the ‘Highest in Customer Satisfaction’ among the Big Five Banks and is the pioneer in a number of mobile app developments earning accolades along the way – and we’re just getting started!
RBC’s innovative and award winning Digital family is rapidly growing. If you are hungry for a High-Performance culture in a fast-paced environment and believe in your ability to deliver, this is your opportunity to be part of the Royal Bank’s Digital family.
Join the team that developed and launched innovative features like NOMI Budgets (https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/mobile/feature/nomi/budgets), Split With Friends (https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/ways-to-bank/mobile/rbc-mobile-app/split-with-friends/index.html) and OCR Bill Pay, a patent pending invention (http://www.rbc.com/newsroom/news/2019/20190412-bill-scan.html)
This role is seeking an Android Developer who is passionate about technology and brings depth of mobile application experience. You will have the opportunity to learn from seasoned developers to hone your coding skills through technical analysis, design and consulting on RBC’s Digital team. So, do you think you’ve got what it takes? Review the description below and tell us why you’re the winning candidate.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop code for new and existing features on RBC’s Android Banking and Avion apps.
- Review technical documents and requirements
- Coordinate with various teams to identifying, tracking, and resolving technical issues
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of technical specifications, programs and unit test plans
- Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing, improving accuracy over time
- Increase efficiency and performance using Android Studio analysis tool along with your academic knowledge
- Facilitate small group meetings for technical design, problem solving and task implementation
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree from an accredited University/College.
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic agile business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative, self-driven working within a team or independently in a fast paced environment
- Experience or understanding of programming languages, databases, platforms, and/or code version control tools
- Strong knowledge of Java and object oriented design
- Strong knowledge of Android framework and Kotlin
- Exposure to enterprise tools such as Git, Confluence, Jira
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, fair compensation, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who help your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Healthy work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.