City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : On-Air Talent
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a full time breaking news field reporter to tell the most compelling stories in Toronto and the GTA on all of our platforms!
CityNews 680 is #1 in Toronto and we are looking for someone who can connect with our listeners on air and online! The news division of Rogers Sports and Media includes CityNews 680, CityNews Toronto and OMNI TV – we work as one dynamic team to deliver the most up to date and trusted information.
What you will do…
- You’ll be a full-time reporter working in the field and covering the biggest breaking news for CityNews 680 across the GTA
- You’ll be a natural on social and able to shoot and produce compelling content
- You’ll be comfortable doing hits for CityNews TV in Toronto
What you will bring…
- People rely on CityNews 680 now more than ever, so we need a dependable, smart, news junkie who has between 5-10 years of experience in the field
- The successful candidate will have experience in a major market and knows how to cover all types of stories and generate original story ideas
- You follow CityNews 680 on its digital platforms and have ideas for its growth
- You have an excellent sense of direction and are familiar with the roads and highways of the GTA with a valid driver’s licence
- You have a desire to win 24-7
- You can roll with the speed and unpredictability of breaking news and thrive in an environment where no day is the same!
- People can count on you to bring your best every day and be a leader for the team, even while working solo in the field
What you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (200), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 280151
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media