Analyst – Testing II
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Information technology
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Please note this role will work in a hybrid environment. The successful candidate must be located near a Canadian Blood Services office and will be working a mixture of on and off-site work based on the parameters for our operations to meet the needs of our donors, our staff and our communities. Currently, employees are expected to have an in-person presence for at least 40% of their work time. This requirement is subject to change, based on operational needs.
Job category: Information technology
Job posting ID: 5038
Employment status: Regular full-time
Position's anticipated start date: 2023-10-23
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $77,500 - $91,000
Application deadline: 2023-09-26
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the internal career page.
Together, we can make all the difference in the lives of others.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving lives. Thousands of patients depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
If you are looking for a rewarding experience with a values and mission-driven team, join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference.
We acknowledge that the work of Canadian Blood Services spans many Territories and Treaty areas across the country, and we are grateful for the Traditional Knowledge Keepers and Elders who have guided us in this important work. We recognize the land and waters that have inspired our work and offer gratitude to those Indigenous peoples on whose territory we work, live and play.
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular full-time Analyst - Testing II to join our dynamic IT External Customer Experience team.
The IT External Customer Experience team is responsible for day to day software application support and planning. This includes researching, analyzing, defining, recommending, developing/configuring, testing, implementing and supporting IT Business Solutions for Canadian Blood Services in collaboration with client groups and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
In this role, you will work on mission critical applications designed to create excellent digital experiences for Canadian Blood Services’ community and stakeholders. You will provide testing technical expertise for new and existing software products and create, review, and execute test plans, functional test scripts and create automated testing where available and applicable. You will also help identify areas for improvement in Canadian Blood Services' testing processes, techniques and tools.
Formula for success
- Drawing upon your extensive technical knowledge and experience, you will participate in the best practice approaches to testing within the Hospital Experience team including researching and developing new test techniques and strategies; recommending alternatives to improve verification time and/or test coverage and to maximize effectiveness.
- Leveraging your knowledge of software testing, you will participate in development of automated testing.
- Utilizing your exceptional documentation skills, you will document clearly written test plans designed to test compliance with requirements as well as ensure stability and data integrity. You will also document issues identified in testing and provide details to development teams for resolution.
- Utilizing your superior interpersonal and communication skills, you will work with product leadership to create, review, update and execute test plans associated to various applications and technologies at Canadian Blood Services; documenting details of scripts, results and issues identified.
- Exemplifying your outstanding collaboration skills, you will collaborate with testing leads and the development team.
Desired education and skills
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience working in verification/test roles within IT environments.
- Technical skills including previous experience with system testing, preferably within HP ALM and experience with automated testing, preferably with Katalon Studios and Playwright.
- Possess a strong analytical mindset and use a systematic approach to identifying problems and documenting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive and well-structured documentation for various testing processes, ensuring effective communication and collaboration among teams.
What we offer you
- 4 weeks' vacation.
- Annual performance award up to 6%.
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Employee discounts, wellness program, professional resources.
What you can expect
- This role will work in a hybrid environment with requirements to be onsite at a Canadian Blood Services location 40% of the time/2 days of the week.
- You will work Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day.
- If you are located outside of Ottawa, you may be expected to travel to our office location in Ottawa – 2540 Lancaster Rd, quarterly for in-person team meetings when required.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
Canadian Blood Services requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (COVID 19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights considerations. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.