Analyst System Compliance
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Signals & Communications System Analyst plays a key role maintaining data standards, systems access, and standardization/alignment of data across multiple systems. Other key functions include optimizing applications to meet operational requirements and participating on projects.
- Developing, implementing, and assisting Signals and Communications (S&C) compliance program and the Electronic Regulatory Recordkeeping System (RailDOCS)
- Playing a key role in ensuring delivery from vendor partners is on time and of high quality as per agreed SLAs.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, developing and implementing solutions
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Forecasting and managing business stakeholder involvement across the projects to ensure the best utilization of their time
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports to standardize and manager data.
- Assisting the development and maintenance of CPKC’s systems of records
- Maintaining change management related to RailDOCS systems,
- Understanding and aligning with CPKC Quality Program for continuous improvement
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures such as Compliance Management, Change Management and SAP.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business analysis or a related field
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Advance application or web development technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills with experience in creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and time management skills to deliver on commitments.
- Leading and supporting successful projects in a unionized team as a team player and being able to proactively progress multiple tasks independently.
- Understanding of multiple wage agreements.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and Active Directory
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference Checks
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101508
- Department: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External