Analyst, Supply Chain Finance / GWO/ Lending Services – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M4T1Z3
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184851
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Analyst, Supply Chain Finance / GWO/ Lending Services - Toronto, ON
Global Banking and Markets:
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
The incumbent is responsible for processing Supply Chain Finance transactions, to provide a high level of Customer Service and contribute to the overall success of the Supply Chain Finance Services Centre ensuring specific individual goals, plans; initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do :
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Process transactions within a wide range of complexity. These may include, but not limited to Payable Finance products, Trade receivable purchase products, Trade Loans or other Trade and Supply Chain Finance Structured Products.
- Operate various platforms and systems needed in order to perform daily functions: BESS, Input Facility, CorrRisk, CGI-T360, Prime Revenue, ACBS, etc.
- Verify that all transactional documentation is complete, compliant and appropriately authorized
- Develop and maintain ongoing communications with clients while exhibiting a high level of professionalism in both written and verbal contexts
- Respond promptly and effectively to requests from customers, SCF Sales team and escalate any concerns and complaints to the Manager and Senior Manager in order to propose workable solutions
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
What You’ll Bring:
- University Undergraduate Degree in Finance or business-related studies or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Finance products and services
- Strong working knowledge of Bank’s AML and Compliance policies
- Advance computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite - Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, etc.
This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.