Analyst/Specialist, Financial Planning
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100531
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Analyst/Specialist Financial Planning - Operations will independently lead the Financial Planning process for an Operations portfolio, working with various stakeholders to ensure precision in the forecasting process and provide high-quality analyses to Operational and Finance leadership. This position will also be responsible for leading the annual budgeting process, maintaining an accurate expense forecast, and providing financial analytical insight into Operations.
- Translate operational changes into a financial forecast with a focus on accuracy and timeliness;
- Proactively look for improvements in the forecasting process; identifying key drivers while gaining a thorough understanding of the business model;
- Provide support to Operations by developing a comprehensive, detailed annual budget for all cost centres, working closely with operational leaders to develop and incorporate initiatives;
- Responsible for continually improving reporting and analysis for key stakeholders, using all available systems to further automate key reports and providing insightful analyses;
- Assist in ad hoc requests from the operational leaders, providing support in an accurate and timely manner;
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant fields required;
- Analyst Level; 1-3 years and Specialist Level:4-6 years in an accounting-related role, preferably with an operational or planning focus;
- Experience with SAP and BPC and excellent MS Excel Modelling Skills required;
- Effective relationship builder and communicator
- Continuous improvement, inquiring mindset, and strong attention to detail.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").