Analyst, Settlements, Settlements and Clearing, GWO
City : London, ENG, GB
Category : Operations Research Analyst
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 181530
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of GWO Settlements Group in London, England by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Supports the Manager of the Settlements Group by leading a team providing European time-zone market aligned securities settlement support to multiple business lines operating within London and other regions.
• Has a very good understanding of global securities markets. Covering all major product types, including, but not exclusively, Fixed Income, Cash Equity, Stock Lending and Repo products.
• Maintains and implements appropriate management controls.
• Ensures trade settlements are monitored during the settlement trade cycle and that regular updates and reports are provided to trading staff and management.
• Ensures a high level of settlement efficiency and accuracy, resolving failed and failing trades in a timely manner.
• Liaises with trading and middle office staff, settlement agents, custodians and both internal and external counterparties.
• Has responsibility for resolving cash, depository, accounting and other breaks relating to the markets being supported.
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
• Contributes to a high-performance environment and fosters an inclusive work environment, supporting the vison/values/business strategy for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
A minimum of 4-6 years market relevant market experience.
Good knowledge of Front and Back Office operation and practices.
Required to possess a good, general knowledge and understanding of the risk, accounting and settlement requirements and practices of the European time-zone securities markets.
Requires a general understanding of the rules and regulations governing the securities industry.
Must be self-starting, pro-active and possess good interpersonal skills, good time management, organisational skills and be able to work independently and be accountable.
Location(s): England : Greater London : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.