Analyst, Settlements (Customer Billing)
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR (IESO)
|Business Unit:||Corporate Services|
Why join us?
You’ve got great skills. And you want to use them in an organization where you know what you do every day matters. We get that.
We also know that ensuring Ontarians have access to affordable and reliable power doesn’t happen by accident. So we give you the tools, flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals, and development opportunities to help you grow. You’ll thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment that values your unique skills and experiences – and recognizes that when you do better, we become even better too.
Who we are
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the centre of the province’s power system, ensuring Ontarians have access to reliable and cost-effective electricity when and where they need it. We operate the province’s electricity grid 24/7, design, run and oversee the wholesale electricity markets, and plan and prepare to meet Ontario’s electricity needs – now and into the future.
Provide technical and analytical support for settlement services provided to IESO customers. Support the development and implementation of changes to Settlement systems, processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement. Assist in developing business processes and system documentation to support settlement activities.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate processes, systems and procedures to support settlement activities for the IESO-administered market.
- Assist in reviewing the effectiveness of existing processes and contribute to the development and implementation of effectiveness and efficiency improvements, as necessary.
- Provide technical and analytical support to both internal and external customers. Investigate customer inquiries or complaints, or provide support to settlement staff investigating such inquiries or complaints.
- Provide support and assistance in one or more of the following areas:
- Maintaining records, work methods, policies and procedures relating to the market rules and legislation. This includes development and maintenance of market manuals, internal settlement guidelines, system documentation, training packages and tracking tools as related to settlement activities.
- Producing user requirements for associated application software and performance of acceptance testing. Implement appropriate settlements processes/adjustments applied when data is missing/incorrect, contractual requirements are not met, and/or “ad hoc” situations, at the direction of senior Settlement staff.
- Preparing and analyzing data and information including settlement adjustments for notice of disagreements and disputes for application to settlement statements, for use in settlement decision-making, to meet corporate financial reporting requirements and as negotiated with other business units or customers.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Requires knowledge of electrical theory, power system analysis and control, mathematics and computer sciences to carry out engineering, economic or analytical studies related to the application and performance of metering installations, meter data management and settlement activities.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills in order to prepare effective reports, process description/user guides, system documentation and to deal effectively with internal and external contacts involved in accomplishing work objectives.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of 4 years University education, or by having the equivalent.
- Requires exposure to system and market operations and an understanding of applicable market rules, legislation and practices related to metering, meter data management and settlement activities.
- Requires a good understanding of the electrical utility industry and experience in meter data management and metering systems including applicable regulatory requirements, equipment characteristics, installation and field practices, maintenance practices and loss adjustment methodologies.
- Requires experience to become familiar with the nature of studies and investigations carried out by the different sections and groups of the organization.
- Requires experience to become familiar with statistical and database software, desktop software applications, various PC-based query and calculation tools and computer system interfaces.
- Requires further on-the-job experience to become familiar with methods and practices associated with the work functions.
- Requires experience in providing advice to others including good customer service skills.
- Good Analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Deadline oriented individual
- Proven excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Deadline: April 14, 2023
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.
Join our talent community
Sign up for talent community; stay in touch, find out about new opportunities – and discover how you can make a difference. Discover how we use our expertise and commitment to deliver reliable and affordable electricity to Ontario’s businesses and communities, and how we’re innovating to secure a stronger energy future for all Ontarians. Visit Careers at IESO and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out why we were selected as Greater Toronto’s Top 2022 Employers, and what we offer.