Analyst, Settlements and Cash Administration (Temporary – 18 months)
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Investment Operations - Public Investments
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : PSP Investments
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London, and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Investment Administration team manages trade settlement, reconciliation, cash management, collateral, securities lending, and market events. They cover a broad area of activity, which allows them to cultivate extensive experience in public market operations. Our young, innovative team seeks to contribute to PSP’s investment success by engaging with various internal and external partners and upholding PSP values among team members.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Analyst, Settlements and Cash Administration, you’ll:
- Act as a contact person for operations related to the processing of daily cash flow transactions, settlement transactions and reconciliations within the Settlements and Cash Administration team
- Investigate data comparison reports; conduct research and various analyzes related to its activities; send the information to the portfolio managers; respond to the trustee in a timely manner
- Participate in the evolution of internal procedures and implemented solutions
- Analyze the current processes in order to identify the various possible improvements and contribute to the establishment of control processes
- Develop solutions with the team, analyze their impacts and make recommendations for settlement and reconciliations
- Prepare daily, monthly or on-demand reports for portfolio managers, internal partners, compliance, etc.
- Participate in the development of the test strategy and the execution of tests
- Assist the operational teams to ensure business continuity, both in terms of settlement, reconciliations and cash administration
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- One (1) to three (3) years’ work experience in the financial or banking industry
- Experience in the field of investment and mastery of recognized best practices in the field of operations
- Practical knowledge of the accounting system Simcorp Dimension and OMGEO an asset
- Administrative knowledge of the following financial products: fixed-income securities, listed securities (Canadian and international)
- Knowledge of bank cash flow management systems and SWIFT, for both Canadian and International
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Ability to communicate with various technical and business stakeholders
- Results oriented, strong attention to detail and customer service
- Proactivity, versatility and flexibility
- Team player and dynamic
- Ethics and professional integrity
- Bilingualism: English and French *Frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- Investment in career development
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Competitive pension plans
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Inclusive paid parental leave policy: up to 26 weeks for primary caregivers, 5 weeks for secondary caregivers
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn