No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Analyst / Senior Analyst, Client Analytics takes a key role in a team to enable trusted business outcomes and impact in the entrepreneur ecosystem by measuring, anticipating and guiding actions through modern client data analytics, business partnership and storytelling.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Build trust with the lines of business and collaborate to enable trusted business outcomes / impact.
- Build and manage relationships with internal clients and partners to provide value and ensure ongoing alignment. Collaborate with data analysts / experts in other teams or external consultants.
- Acquire strong business knowledge and credibility. Share the latest developments related to the line of business / internal partner with the team.
- Coordinate the planning, quality and execution of activities for the analytics team. Monitor and communicate expectations on a regular basis. Hold self and others accountable for meeting challenging objectives and standards.
- Provide visibility, insights, predictability and guidance for business activities.
- Translate business goals, initiatives, campaigns into actionable metrics with baseline targets (e.g., engagement, sales, impact, return on investments, etc.)
- Develop, deploy and manage self-serve analytics tools (e.g., spreadsheets, dashboards, APIs, etc.) for business initiatives and channels.
- Develop applied analytical models, machine intelligence and machine learning solutions for business problems.
- Advise on potential improvements to business practices based on data and insights through storytelling.
- Engineer reusable common data models and pipelines from disparate sources.
- Ensure data collection, preparation and processing are accurate, devoid of biases, integrated, orchestrated and executed as planned.
- Develop, define, document and maintain client data schema, dictionary, structure, pipelines and their business uses (e.g., taxonomy, tagging, etc.).
- Develop optimized code, methods, and algorithms to perform the analytics work using the right enterprise technologies.
- Manage activities and tasks from planning to delivery.
- Take ownership of work and collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., marketing, IT, digital) to ensure well-communicated and timely delivery.
- Actively participate in or lead planning, status and governance sessions.
- Lead the growth technical subjects and of the team’s practices.
- Identify and drive opportunities to enhance existing analytics capabilities and practices (people, processes, technologies, and data).
- Empower peers, internal partners and internal clients on the use and interpretation of analytics, measurement tools, hypotheses testing and statistical validation. Evangelize on the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the organization.
- Align with other analytics teams to improve collaboration, efficiency and growth (e.g., analytics environments, data governance, etc.).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3 to 8 years of relevant work experience driving analytics initiatives with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in Analytics, Management of Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Engineering, E-Commerce, Strategy, Finance or Marketing disciplines. Graduate degree considered an asset.
- Results focused self-starter with excellent analytical skills and an ability to decompose ambiguous questions into discrete data problems and answer with clear, actionable insights.
- Experience in a large organization.
- Experience working as a data analyst or product owner for 3+ years.
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Mastery of multiple of the following key skills, knowledges and competencies.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.