Analyst, Remote Safety Inspection
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Analyst Mechanical Remote Safety Inspector performs mechanical and safety inspections using wayside technology in support of the mechanical car, safety and regulatory departments. Inspections performed by the employee are used to determine mechanical defects, safety issues and root causes for various trains during railway operations in compliance with government regulations. The results of these inspections may also be used to develop Equipment Health Monitoring System (EHMS) rules or to expand preventative technologies to improve safety, increase operational efficiency, and assist in asset repair management strategies. Determining more efficient ways for extracting and consolidating inspection data are also a responsibility of the employee to facilitate both internal requests and those from regulatory bodies such as Transport Canada, the Transportation Safety Board, the Federal Railroad Association (FRA), and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
- Perform mechanical safety and maintenance inspections using technology;
- Perform image and car repair validations;
- Gather statistics on system reliability and accuracy;
- Support mechanical, safety and regulatory department requests for information;
- Support business case developments for new technology purchases and/or process integrations based on inspection results to improve railway safety and efficiency;
- Support continuous improvement of existing technology and further development of inspection processes;
- Adhere to CPKC’s health and safety policy.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Equivalence Diploma;
- Must meet Transport Canada and CPKC’s criteria for a certified Rail Car Apprentice or Mechanic;
- Must be able to inspect rail cars and maintain detailed notes on findings;
- Must be able to write clear and concise reports which will be distributed to high level management;
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in industry inspecting railcars OR demonstrate proficiency in railcar maintenance and repair;
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must hold a full stage Class 5 driver’s permit;
- Must hold a Canadian Passport.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 102114
- Department: Mechanical Car
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Management
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 5
- Job Available to: Internal and External