Analyst, Project & Compliance Corporate Actuarial
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
What will you do?
- Compliance: Responsible for the management of the actuarial governance program and compliance requirements of Corporate Actuarial. This includes,
- Act as the coordinator with the external auditor to provide the evidence they request for our processes, Tracking and reporting support for Corporate Actuarial' s ICFR requirements. This includes annual updates to the process documentation, as well as quarterly tracking of key controls and attestations.
- Manage the transition planning and implementation for Corporate Actuarial. Tracking and reporting on Corporate Actuarial' s compliance with the Model and End User Computing Risk Management Policy.
- Management of the tracking and information collection process to produce the quarterly WWAC control report.
- Support for Par and Adjustable Products
- Manages the attestation process which supports the Insurance Company Act Par sign-offs from the Appointed Actuary to the Board. Also prepares the documentation for the Board.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Dividend Manual
- Documentation management of the Par Policy (Risk Management) and Corporate Operating Guidelines which are updated annually, as well as supplemental guidance which is developed from time to time. This includes management of the historical and current documents, and communication of updates to the actuarial community.
- Insurance Companies Act (ICA) Fairness to Policyholders: Documentation management of the ICA policies and operating guidelines which are reviewed annually. This includes management of the historical and current documents, and coordination of the update process with AA, BGs ERC and the Board.
- Management of the tracking and information collection process to produce the Adjustable Review Plan schedule.
- Small foreign business entities reporting
What do you need to succeed?
- Past life insurance compliance and regulatory experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills preferably with a background in life insurance
- Deadline drive and an ability to problem solve and work independently in a fast paced time sensitive environment
- Some background in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, WDesk, Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint
- Able to work collaboratively as part of team with staff at various level and from other areas of expertise
What’s in it for you?
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US.
- Named 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer. #LI-Remote, or #LI-Hybrid.
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:44,000/44 000 - 71,700/71 700
Job Category:Business Analysis - Process
Posting End Date:30/03/2023