Analyst, Program Management – Calgary
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100715
- Department: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Analyst - Program Management position is responsible for conducting Project Control activities on internal and external projects within Canada and the US. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing on Project Control plans for each project in the Engineering function; addressing project controls responsibilities, methodology and systems. This position will also support the Engineering Works function when required.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of Project Change Notices, working closely with field and Finance personnel;
- Ensure accurate documentation related to projects, updating one pagers and working with Project Managers to have consistency to capital budgets.
- Perform Project Controls training and oversight;
- Coordinate information with stakeholders to prepare and distribute periodic cost control reporting and metric reports;
- Analyze and forecast project cost against approved budgets;
- Provide support to Engineering Works on an ad-hoc basis with purchase order creation or other duties as required;
- Provide support to the Bid-Awards team on overtime callouts as required during peak seasonal times.
- Engineering or Construction based degree or diploma preferred;
- 1 - 3 years related experience;
- PMP certification an asset;
- Computer skills: SAP, Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills required;
- Experience in operations, maintenance and construction projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").