Analyst, OTC Confirmations – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5V2T3
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184941
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Analyst, OTC Confirmations - Toronto, ON
Global Banking and Markets:
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
The trade confirmation process performed by Global Wholesale Operations (GWO) is a key control within Scotiabank’s Global Banking and Markets (GBM) trading environment.
Contributes to the overall success of the OTC Confirmations Department, supporting Global Banking and Markets (GBM) and Group Treasury (GT) globally, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do :
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge:
- Ensure risk inherent in the trade confirmation process is identified, understood, and controlled:
- Draft or review counterparty trade confirmations in accordance with Bank policy
- Escalate and resolve operational issues and Participate in the investigation of issues, recommending measures to prevent recurrence
- Ensure the Bank is reconciled with external electronic trade execution and affirmation/confirmation platforms and Central Counterparty Clearing Houses
- Negotiate confirmations with Trade Counterparties
- Train existing and new staff on covered workstations
- Contribute to change initiatives:
- Identify opportunities and/or contribute to the implementation of improvement in controls, customer service, and productivity
- Interact with Management to provide operational input and recommendations
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Support the Bank’s goals and initiatives, and perform all work assigned by management
What You’ll Bring :
- Expert knowledge of OTC Confirmations for several products (Energy and Precious Metal Derivatives preferred)
- Passion for customer service
- Driven to improve efficiency and controls
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and detail oriented with an analytical mind and the ability to detect, articulate, and effectively escalate and resolve issues
- Strong computer, data analytics, and process re-engineering skills
This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.