Analyst, Operations – Direct Store Delivery
City : MISSISSAUGA
Category : Regular/Permanent Supply Chain
Industry : Retail
Employer : Walmart Canada
Position Summary...Reporting to the Associate Manager, Operations – Direct Store Delivery, the Analyst, Operations - Direct Store Delivery is responsible frontline vendor support and scheduling. The role will liaise between the DSD team, vendors, logistics store support, stores, and other partners to identify scheduling requirements and support a cohesive and optimal scheduling system within the parameters of the DOME project. The incumbent will also provide reporting, and other operational support to ensure optimal scheduling and operations of the DOME project.
What you'll do...
1. Vendor/supplier relationship: support the front-line relationship. Provide frontline performance reporting to suppliers/vendors for review and follow up. Provide initial onboarding, ongoing engagement, general support and scheduling support for the suppliers, and provide other/ongoing day-to-day needs. Before the automated scheduling system is established, the incumbent will be tracking/managing the scheduling manually.
2. Support with the creation of the Direct Store Delivery model: acquire data input from stores, merchants, vendors, and other stakeholders to provide information that contributes to the build of the Direct Store Delivery model (scheduling model). Leverage knowledge and experience in store operations, vendor operations, and participate in project management in order to develop an optimized scheduling system. Liaise between vendors, stores, and other stakeholders to ensure all needs are addressed.
3. Performance tracking: report on performance risks and other gaps and identify possible solutions for improvement. Ensure vendors are meeting critical deadlines, are following the prescribed process, and meet key performance metrics such as OTIF and pre-sub in order to hold suppliers accountable to the program. Provide information and reporting internally to keep vendors accountable. Escalate to Associate Manager when required.
4. Reporting: provide ongoing reporting to internal partners (Merchants, Replenishment) on project updates, vendor performance, KPIs, pre-sub/OTIF etc. to the Analytics team and key stakeholders. Also identify item-file issues affecting cost-per-case performance and communicate to the relevant team. Provide other reporting and analysis to drive business insights.
5. Work closely with the business process team to ensure vendors, stores, and internal partners adhere to the 5-year DOME strategy. Educates vendors on the new processes.
6. Ad-hoc coordination and operational support: coordinate between vendors and stores in the event of emergency store closures, fire, flooding, other BCP activities, etc. Manages temporary changes such as holiday schedules, business sales events etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations or related fields, and 2 years’ experience in operations management, communications, or business development
- Excel: must be comfortable working with large data sets and familiar with pivot table, VLOOKUP, MATCH etc. VBA will be nice to have
- Communication skills, including verbal, written and technical, and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience managing strategic relationships, e.g. stakeholders, suppliers, vendors, clients etc.
- Experience monitoring and managing KPI’s of business partners and creating action plans to address performance issues
- Tableau and/or Power BI for data interpretation and data-driven insights
- General knowledge of transportation and logistics
- Project management experience coordinating among multiple stakeholders and managing multiple deadlines
- Preferred qualifications: logistics management, replenishment, experience working with retail suppliers, French, SQL
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…6800 MARITZ DRIVE, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5W 1W2, Canada