Analyst / Middle Office / Asset Servicing – Income Processing / GWO (12 Month Contract) – Toronto
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184741
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Analyst / Middle Office / Asset Servicing – Income Processing / GWO
Global Banking and Markets:
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Contributes to the overall success of the Department / Business Area in Canada / Country / Region / globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do :
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Ensure the accurate collection, management and timely processing of all Coupon, Interest and Maturity payments and pivots by reviewing online reports/files and processing payments received from depositories and issuers.
- Dynamic individual, that is capable of learning quickly and is a change agent
- Provide ongoing assistance to the department manager by updating and cleaning the control accounts daily, training and cross training other team members as required, and providing support with other functions as required. Completion of sundry and other ad-hoc duties as assigned among the team.
- Running project reports, balancing and querying large data sets;
- Data reconciliation and financial reporting;
- Centre of excellence for product and depository knowledge within Asset Servicing
- Completes sundry and other ad-hoc duties as needed
- Support other departments/branches by responding to enquiries globally and providing customer service in accordance with GWO’s policies and procedures.
- Providing support with each other’s functions as required with volumes and projects
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What You’ll Bring :
- VBA, SQL or Python skills are preferred
- Broadridge experience is nice to have
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5 years experience in financial services
- Business/Finance degree
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities and volumes.
This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.