Analyst, Investment Risk
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 170250
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Analyst, Investment Risk - 1832 Asset Management L.P.
The Investment Risk team is responsible for the production and analysis of Risk reports across all 1832 Asset Management mandates including the support of channel partners across Global Wealth Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the production of risk reports from the Risk system and collaborating with our many service partners including data management, performance analytics and our external vendors.
The Analyst, Investment Risk will be responsible for the following:
- Member of the investment risk team responsible for the development and implementation of 1832 Asset Management’s risk reporting process on both a portfolio and enterprise wide basis
- Support the Investment Risk process by ensuring the smooth operation and execution of various analyses, production of reports and data management
- Assist in research, implementation and communication of asset allocation strategy and model portfolio development; conduct investment risk related research to support investment process and strategy development
- Monitor the risk of investment activities by employing a range of risk measurement statistics and tools including Bloomberg and MSCI Barra One
- Undergraduate degree in Business with a focus in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance
- Completion of the CFA program and/or other professional designations are an asset (i.e. MBA, FRM, CIPM)
- Experience with SQL and Python, or related programing languages would be an asset
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in the investment management industry
- In-depth understanding of risk management practices, investment theory and the portfolio management process
- Prior experience with analysis of multi asset class and fund of fund portfolios.
- Able to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines with minimal leadership oversight
- Self-starter, possess a high degree of initiative with ability to deliver results
- Attentive to detail and able to manage large amounts of data
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Team player who is open to evolving priorities and new challenges
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.