Analyst, Institutional Client Credit Management (Contract)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
You will assist in the management and administration of authorized credit and transactional risk limits for various groups of fund relationships including regulated mutual funds, pension funds, trusts and endowments. You will maintain relationships with RBC Capital Markets (CM) and Investor Services (IS) sales and trading professionals and counterparties to ensure client needs are met on a timely basis including addressing credit requirements as necessary. The role supports the development of transaction solutions (including structuring, amount and term) and provide s assistance in the preparation of transaction requests, while safeguarding the credit quality of the trading and overdraft credit portfolio, ensuring all limit systems are properly recording all approvals and help in the preparation of timely management information reports as required.
What will you do?
- Timely preparation of transaction requests in support of RBC CM and Investor Services (IS) Credit intensive trading activities with global asset managers on behalf of the funds they manage.
- Understand and assess client investment strategies from a risk perspective.
- Maintenance and accuracy of trading limit data within CCMS
- Reviews of trading counterparties (including regulated mutual funds, pension funds, trusts and endowments).
- Completion of assigned projects and other duties in an efficient and effective manner that supports business initiatives.
- Initiate and maintain contact with trading professionals, Group Risk Management – Credit, Market Risk, Trading Credit Risk, Trading Documentation and RBC Law Group
What do you need to succeed?
- Understanding and knowledge of fund industry and securities regulations governing funds
- Familiarity and basic understanding of trading products including FX, swaps and securities finance and non-trading products such as trade finance letters of credit and nostro limits.
- Advanced data and computer management skills including proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage tasks with accompanying attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, explain and communicate opinions and recommendations using strong verbal and written skills.
- Minimum: Honours, B.A. or B. Comm or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high-performing team
- Opportunity to work with and gain exposure to Sales and Trading professionals, relationship managers, Group Risk Management and a number of other internal teams
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.