Analyst II, Identity and Access Management
City : Guelph
Category : Other
Industry : Education and Research
Employer : University of Guelph
Forbes includes U of G Among Canada’s Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Analyst II, Identity and Access Management
Computing and Communications Services
Hiring #: 2023-0266
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) is the central IT department at the University of Guelph, providing core IT services and technology solutions to the University community. CCS has a progressive organizational culture, including a strong learning and development focus, and is committed to its Core Values of Service Culture, Integrity, Individual Leadership, Teamwork, Agility, and Communication.
CCS provides Identity and Access Management (IAM) services for platforms and applications used by the entire University of Guelph community. Services included in this portfolio include access management, directory administration, user provisioning and lifecycle management.
The successful candidate will provide support for our identity and access management services at the University of Guelph, with a particular focus on customer support and automation. Services provided by the Identity and Access Management team enable authentication for over 25,000 unique users daily, protects hundreds of on-premise websites, and facilitate federated single sign-on with many cloud-based and on-premise service providers. Responsibilities of this role include supporting customers, maintaining service levels, integrating new services, and supporting our custom applications written in Java and C. This role will also provide technical support and guidance through direct interaction with a wide range of campus community representatives, including CCS, faculty, staff, students, and distributed IT staff on campus.
The ideal candidate for this role will have three or more years of experience supporting and administering Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and LDAP in a large environment, with experience writing custom scripts to automate recurring identity management tasks. Leveraging a solid technical background, experience in scripting and programing, and a customer focused mindset, they will be an integral member of the Identity and Access Management team that oversees all aspects of the identity lifecycle at the University and provides technical support for several key applications that provide authentication and authorization services for applications used across campus. The successful candidate will help support the automation tools that we have in-place today and work on projects within CCS to improve services for the future.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Supporting existing identity management tools and developing new ones to assist with routine tasks, most commonly in Java, C, and PowerShell.
- Providing technical support for our Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and LDAP services with excellent customer service to our clients across campus
- Investigating, troubleshooting, tracking, and resolving identity and access management related issues
- Working collaboratively with CCS teams, other organizational units on campus, and 3rd party/cloud service providers to integrate their services into Azure Active Directory
- Participating in a variety of projects related to our access management tools, technology, and processes
- Providing input on technical direction and new technology adoption within CCS and the Identity and Access Management team
- Following proper change management processes to keep servers and applications updated and secure
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a minimum of three years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Application development experience in Java and C
- Scripting experience with PowerShell, Bash, PHP, Python and Perl
- Experience with directory services such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and LDAP
- Experience with Azure Active Directory for Identity and Access Management in Office365, including Azure Active Directory Connect, ADFS, Azure MFA, and AD CS/PKI
- Familiar with protocols used for access management, such as SAML, OpenID Connect, OAUTH2 and REST
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and applicable system administration skills
- Familiar with access management and identity federation concepts
- Familiar with web server configuration, troubleshooting, and on-going performance monitoring
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Ability to balance the competing demands of multiple projects and operational requirements
- Ability to work individually and as an integral member of a high-performance team
The following skills and experiences will set a candidate apart:
- Previous work experience in a higher education institution
- Relevant technical certifications
This position involves elements that must be performed on-campus as well as elements that can be conducted remotely. More information regarding the flexible work policy can be found here: 520 Flexible Work Arrangements (Non-Academic Staff) | Human Resources (uoguelph.ca)).
Position Number 681-007
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2023 05 03
Closing Date: 2023 05 17