Analyst, Healthcare Investment Banking
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168658
Salary Range: 110,000.00 - 120,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Analyst, Healthcare Investment Banking
The Analyst will work with senior bankers across a variety of different transaction types and advisory assignments: mergers & acquisitions (both buyside and sellside), public equity offerings, debt capital markets issuances and capital advisory projects. As one of the fastest growing and most dynamic groups within the Bank, the Associate can expect to have numerous opportunities to demonstrate growth, initiative and intellect. With an increasing roster of highly experienced senior bankers, the healthcare team continues to innovate and drive additional topline revenue and net income for Scotiabank. If you are interested in a fast-paced, challenging but exciting environment, the healthcare banking team welcomes the opportunity to connect with you.
Responsible for preparing client presentations, financial modeling, and mentoring/supervising Analysts. Progressively take on increased responsibilities on live transactions and participating in business development under the guidance of senior group members. Contribute to the overall success of the team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champion a client centric culture focused on deepening client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge to deliver solutions that Scotiabank can provide across its footprint and generate revenue. Relationship management and cross collaboration includes:
- Coordinating with the various product groups and industry team within GBM
- Developing and maintaining effective industry relationships with legal counsel, external parties, clients
- The day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models, supporting the team in determining advisory and financing solutions for our clients
- Collecting, consolidating, and interpreting company and industry data
- Performing comprehensive financial statement analysis and create and maintain models
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries
- Identifying and developing business opportunities with clients
- Preparing client presentations, including compiling data and assembling presentation materials
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives
- Develop more junior bankers on their team and across CIB and GBM through active engagement on developing their skills (technical, coverage, and other leadership skills) providing real-time positive and constructive feedback to support their development
- Actively partner with group leaders and broader team to build team dynamics and engagement across teams
- Actively contribute to a high performance and inclusive work environment
Education / Experience
- 1-3 years’ work experience in Investment Banking; Equity Research or corporate finance in an accounting firm
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred, but not required
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Engineering, Economics, Science or Technology
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- A high level of attention to detail
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- Obtain and maintain required FINRA registration and licensing appropriate to your functions and responsibilities
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City || United States : Texas : Houston
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.