Analyst, GWO Payments
City : Houston, TX, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 164012
Cost Centre: NEW YORK AGENCY GENERAL
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
Salary Range: 57,100.00 - 95,100.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Scotiabank is currently seeking an Analyst, GWO Payments to join our growing team! This role contributes to the overall success of the GWO Payments and Global Business Payments (GBP) teams in the United States and Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This role also ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Our team is passionate about what we do, if this sounds like you, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Championing a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly processes for servicing of GBP products including but not limited to balance & transaction reconciliations, interest calculations & payments, facilitation of Commercial Card settlement & client payment processing, check review & processing, statement processing, and various audit, regulatory and financial reporting deliverables.
- Responsible for static data creation and maintenance for new and existing GBP clients across portfolios.
- Developing a robust understanding of supported GBP products and address client & internal inquiries in a timely & professional fashion, providing prompt resolutions & further troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Assisting in the identification, creation and/or maintenance of operational controls to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies in all processes.
- Supporting Assistant Manager & team with any ad-hoc work as needed, including but not limited to regulatory requests or special projects.
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Championing a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
• Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate with external clients and internal partners.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational, planning, time-management, problem solving & critical thinking skills.
• The ability to be a self-starter and team player.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Location(s): United States : Texas : Houston
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.