Analyst, Exchange Traded Derivatives
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business Operations Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173516
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank!
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
The ETD operations team is responsible for supporting the clearing and settlement of global futures and options on futures traded by the various business lines within Scotiabank. The main objective is maintaining the official clearing book of record for futures products and supporting the full trade life cycle.
- Trade capture and processing
- Trade, position, and cash reconciliation
- Collateral management
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Ensures the team’s assigned responsibilities are executed and completed within prescribed deadlines across numerous workstations and participates in root cause analysis to determine if mitigating processes are possible.
- Provides flexible support for daily operational workstation coverage across the department and offers feedback to management during workstation design initiatives.
- Understands departments operating model and internal control procedures and provides feedback to management to ensure controls remain relevant and robust.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment
- 1-2 years minimum Exchange Traded Derivatives experience (or similar capital markets asset class) – with a global perspective preferred
- Knowledge of capital markets’ regulatory framework, market practices, and clearing house policies and procedures – knowledge of US ETD Regulations a plus
- Understanding of accounting principles and practices related to Exchange Traded Derivatives – or equivalent asset class
- Experience with at least one of the Capital Market major asset platforms from a “Books and Records” perspective – GMI, RISC, XTP, ADP, Broadridge, etc.
- Knowledge of Derivative Exchange clearing applications such as CME Group’s FEC, ICE’s ECS/FEC, CDCC TMS & SOLA a plus – or equivalent systems
- Ability to promote and maintain a strong team environment and working relationships within the group and with other partner areas
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills in planning, scheduling, and prioritizing one’s workload
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to evaluate options/alternatives and proposing recommendations for complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues
- University degree in finance, economics or business
- CSC Securities coursework / secondary studies completion considered an asset
- Work in a hybrid office/work from home environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.